Batten down the hatches!!

copperknackers

Reaction score
100 + mph winds forcast for lancashire tonight. According to the ribble valley emergency planning officer, the worst winds since the January storm of 1978! Don't you just hate exaggerators. I mean i must of told him a million times Pendle hill would fall over before the job moved!

I feel the hatches have been battened for a good couple of months or more. Nothing moving up here for a while.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

Remember to get these boards lashed and add in a few extra ties.;)

Safelinxed up to't tatters and nowts moved so far, been bad for a while down here Al, but when the council are ringing you up for emergency contact numbers you know it's not going to be good!

On the news just now nearly all motorways north of warrington / manchester are either closed or got restictions on them, theres no rail services north of preston and some of the roof has been blown off at man airport......rough times lads. Keep safe.

Safelinxed up to't tatters and nowts moved so far, been bad for a while down here Al, but when the council are ringing you up for emergency contact numbers you know it's not going to be good!

I usually sleep well at night knowing these units are doing their job.;)

---------- Post added at 06:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Our main problem is that most work has ground to a halt for now. There is an explosion coming but things are dragging a bit now.

I'm the same matey, never oot that damn office pricing work but still nothing doing. We will struggle to keep up come April.

I've got scaffold round my house, but just like every other fecker I'm not opening the roof in these conditions.

Lol Al ive been trying to put velux windows in the rear ele since december- i've got 2 in but another 2 to go & tbh i'm keeping the lads working but av stood myself down & theres only so much jerry kyle u can take lol.
got loads on the verge of starting once the rain stops long enough to let the brickies lay. Seriously thinking of going down to the south of france in my van for a couple of weeks, but the weather over the pyranees has shut the milau bridge & the alps are full of snow so looks like another stay at mygate

Nightmare SP, I've got a crackin heavy tarpaulin I bought off a truck curtain sider company for a temp roof job you can borrow if you like.

Thanks 4 the offer Al but the rest of the tiles are gonna stay untouched till we get a brake in the weather.
i was watching the news earlier & it was showi g shots of the coastal conditions & there was some nutter out in it kite surfing lol. Looks like i've just found the next sport i'm gonna try - i can fly a paraglider & i can ski. So my mindsets saying how hard can that really be lol- just aint told the mrs yet

Don't fancy it myself but good luck with it. Did you see that nutter surfing the biggest wave ever, I thought it was Jason coming back from the rigs.:laugh:

Get a few more bevvies down ya sp, and get it done. Will have the ten o'clock news on record waiting for ypur guest appearance....lol lol

just as well all this rain weve had isn't snow the country would be at a stand still and no milk or bread England goes into meltdown lol!!

Top Bottom