Base out with inside standards on the back of ledger

scaffofsmeg

Reaction score
I was erecting a independent the other day stating with a goal post but I ran my inside ledger on the front of my standards so I could walk the rest in ( hope that made sense) my boss saw this and said it was wrong and that if hse saw this they wouldn't like it I argued this and said no they won't because my width and distance the standards were apart were right but he wouldn't have I'm sure I was right or is there something I didn't learn that I was ment to on my course and by others

I been doing that for nearly 30 years now mate , i was pulled years ago and when i asked them to explain why it is ot right they cant answer you.
In fact i have always found it to be easier and a lot safer then sanding long against gutters etc etc

The lads sometimes call it a reverse base out,
When you put you goal post up , i use to short butts with doubles on to space the inside ledger , this the leaves plenty room to walk long in

reverse base out nothin wrong with that do it all the time every time

Yep done that a few times, everything connects together the same way using same fittings.... can't see the problem?

I don't know who doesn't do it

In an ally way both sides go like it

As said its safer, you walk a tube in and fix it

cant see why any one would do it the old fashion way thats dangerous imagine doing that in the street now days,

not to bad not using it on bricky base outs etc but like some have mentioned long tight stretches is perfect especial when some daft cant wanna out inside ledger in first make it even harder up here they dont like change the first person i seen using it like this was me bro and he learnt it a colchseter and he got ripped for it and still does lol they do not like change, 6ft lift ally way on inside board only way to do it with out dragging knuckles or ustalising the gutters

Lay two 8fts against the wall with doubles on at said height. Place ledger in doubles. Fix butt to end of ledger to give set distance of the wall. Level ledger. Fix but to other end of ledger to give set distance of the wall. Fix standards to ledger. I use this way to base out when im house bashing and working on my own.

Last edited:
Lay two 8fts against the wall with doubles on at said height. place ledger in doubles. Fix but two end of ledger to give set distance of the wall. level ledger. Fix but to other end of ledger to give set distance of the wall. F
That's what we do,or when we,re not using ready lock

Lay two 8fts against the wall with doubles on at said height. Place ledger in doubles. Fix butt to end of ledger to give set distance of the wall. Level ledger. Fix but to other end of ledger to give set distance of the wall. Fix standards to ledger. I use this way to base out when im house bashing and working on my own.
thats the best way

I been doing that for nearly 30 years now mate , i was pulled years ago and when i asked them to explain why it is ot right they cant answer you.
In fact i have always found it to be easier and a lot safer then sanding long against gutters etc etc

The lads sometimes call it a reverse base out,
When you put you goal post up , i use to short butts with doubles on to space the inside ledger , this the leaves plenty room to walk long in

+1.

I always do it like that its juat easier and I always tell people there way is unsafe and slower

I was erecting a independent the other day stating with a goal post but I ran my inside ledger on the front of my standards so I could walk the rest in ( hope that made sense) my boss saw this and said it was wrong and that if hse saw this they wouldn't like it I argued this and said no they won't because my width and distance the standards were apart were right but he wouldn't have I'm sure I was right or is there something I didn't learn that I was ment to on my course and by others
If thats what your boss thinks then in my eyes he isnt much of a scaffolder.

always do it like that does my head in watching scaffs trying to force 21s inbetween ledger and wall

Top Bottom