back stabbers!!!!

Agree Poacher, it's gone ridiculous, if it keeps up the way it's going, scaffolding as we know it is finished.

as long as yer hooked on no one can say **** way cape youve to be hooked on until the last fitting is done murder:wacko:

I started off in this game as a lorry drivers mate 17 years ago. The only ticket i got then was my train ticket to the yard every morning. After a year i got put out with a gang but with no spanners till i had laboured for a year and even then i was limited to what i could do. As far as im concerned i learnt the right way even if it was the hard way at times. I always listened and asked questions, why, what, when ,how, where when i wasnt sure. Still aint got tickets but will get scaffs with advanced asking me things. Bit of paper aint worth 2bob nowadays in my opinion

I Started As A Labourer For Eighteen Months Before Going For A Part One And Was Only Allowed To Be A Labourer By My Chargehand,Now After Eighteen Months In The Job Some Guys Have An Advanced Card.Ive Been Scaffolding Since 1978 And Am Still Learning Every Day, Some Of These Blokes Think They Know It All.(We Call Them Plastic Scaffolders Cause They Have The Plastic, But Jack S***t All Else)

Does any body thing its down to these goverment funded courses, where employers actually make money sending you on these courses, wether or not you are up to it. when i first started i wasnt allowed off the floor, humping gear all day long. thinking ahead of the scaffs get the gear ready before being asked. then progressing to filling behind and lifting boards... Kids these days come straight off these courses thinking there the dogsb......s, and know nothing experience is the key.

You spot on there,no course is equal to the experience gained over years on the job ,

Will Mast climbing work platforms, be the next preferred method, At the top of the WAHR 2005 Hierarchy of controls:-
AVOID- if you do not need to go up there dont.

Mast Climbing Gallery - Thomas Vale, Wolverhampton

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

I do not know or have any connection with this company this is not for promotional use, just a example.

Regards
Paddy

I started off in this game as a lorry drivers mate 17 years ago. The only ticket i got then was my train ticket to the yard every morning. After a year i got put out with a gang but with no spanners till i had laboured for a year and even then i was limited to what i could do. As far as im concerned i learnt the right way even if it was the hard way at times. I always listened and asked questions, why, what, when ,how, where when i wasnt sure. Still aint got tickets but will get scaffs with advanced asking me things. Bit of paper aint worth 2bob nowadays in my opinion

i think its a bad state of affairs that you have been allowed to work this long in the game and no c**t thought that you should be given the bit of paper that to be honest you will need to keep on earning

Top Bottom