back stabbers!!!!

dico

Reaction score
you done fook all this week but!!! was quiet happy to drop your workers in the **** good job i have respect for!!!!!! otherwise i would mention names fumming!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

you done fook all this week but!!! was quiet happy to drop your workers in the **** good job i have respect for!!!!!! otherwise i would mention names fumming!!!!!!

standards inside the ledgers puncheons not attached to the ledgers returns a fooking mess you cant do a return with independents then join the top lift with a tie fooking cisrs scaffolders they know fook all stop takeing the money cisrs and teach these lads before another accident happens!!

---------- Post added at 07:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

standards inside the ledgers puncheons not attached to the ledgers returns a fooking mess you cant do a return with independents then join the top lift with a tie fooking cisrs scaffolders they know fook all stop takeing the money cisrs and teach these lads before another accident happens!!
Our game is full of backstabbers mate.
Don't take it too hard and just get on with the job !

Some say thay r scaffolders but real scaffs have earned the rite to be cauld a tubular technician

Some say thay r scaffolders but real scaffs have earned the rite to be cauld a tubular technician

ive worked with the olde school zeus may not be the best scaffolder in the world but know my stuff mate what ive seen comeing out the trainning centre is a discrace great lads but they no fook all seems to be these days if you ave a cisrs ticket your the b!llocks even if you dont no what your doing:mad:

ive worked with the olde school zeus may not be the best scaffolder in the world but know my stuff mate what ive seen comeing out the trainning centre is a discrace great lads but they no fook all seems to be these days if you ave a cisrs ticket your the b!llocks even if you dont no what your doing:mad:

I am now seeing young lads because of Nepotism (friends & family) who are going from trainee to advanced in 3 years, big firms are also pushing this, so we have a highly accredidated young workforce with no proper experiance ( new age Scaffolders never done a days labouring in there lifes), but got all the all singing all dancing tickets) , sad part of this game, its always been who you know not what you know, A very flawed system.

Competence is ment to be made up of Experiance, Qualifications, Knowledge.???????????????????????????????????????????????????.:wondering:

I am now seeing young lads because of Nepotism (friends & family) who are going from trainee to advanced in 3 years, big firms are also pushing this, so we have a highly accredidated young workforce with no proper experiance ( new age Scaffolders never done a days labouring in there lifes), but got all the all singing all dancing tickets) , sad part of this game, its always been who you know not what you know, A very flawed system.

Competence is ment to be made up of Experiance, Qualifications, Knowledge.???????????????????????????????????????????????????.:wondering:

make you right poachers wished i bought some of those dancing tickets that were going round the circuit in 2000 i believe they were £500 quid bloody hell that would open a can of worms wouldnt it lol!!!!!!

I think chaps that the qualifications are more important these days than getting a proper schooling in scaffolding as used to be the case.

Is it me or does every single trainee that attends these courses pass, and does this not devalue the card at the end of it all.

It also makes it very difficult for employers to differentiate between a good and bad scaffolder when looking for a good man.

bring back the old apprenticeship me thinks....At least you knew what you had at the end... or beginning even.....

I would know a good or bad one in 10 minutes. In the same time I'd know a prima donna when gear has to be shifted. Give me a willing lad who knows fcuk all and I will teach him, He won't be going for his ticket till I know he's capable at least he will have earned it the right way.

I think you should gain a level of experience prior to attending a course. Be able to fulfil a criteria & be skills tested fisrt before taking the course.

If you fail come back in two months. That should be the same for each level.

I have copy righted this idea as well!! :D

I think you should gain a level of experience prior to attending a course. Be able to fulfil a criteria & be skills tested fisrt before taking the course.

If you fail come back in two months. That should be the same for each level.

I have copy righted this idea as well!! :D

Thing is though, these young lads aren't allowed on hardly any site without a card,so where are they meant to gain the experience from??
I know they can get the cscs card for a fee but it's not worth sh*t in my opinion
We were on a utilites site and our lad was told that he couldn't use the spanners to help the other lads out because he did not have the proper qualification...

I would know a good or bad one in 10 minutes. In the same time I'd know a prima donna when gear has to be shifted. Give me a willing lad who knows fcuk all and I will teach him, He won't be going for his ticket till I know he's capable at least he will have earned it the right way.

CISRS is all about money Brandy, I did an advanced scaffolding inspection course a couple of week ago, I filled the course feedback sheet in good cos i new the instructor, not beeing funny but the course was embarressing, nowt new just £500 for 2 half days proper Rip, plus £26 for your card, if I am competent to inspect a scaffold without a course / card, why have a new course??the fool me for wasting the £500. I like tickets tho just got my advanced Level 3 Gold card, 17 years after first CITB trainee card, (Yisterday I cud not spell Skiffelder Today I is Yan)

Thing is though, these young lads aren't allowed on hardly any site without a card,so where are they meant to gain the experience from??
I know they can get the cscs card for a fee but it's not worth sh*t in my opinion
We were on a utilites site and our lad was told that he couldn't use the spanners to help the other lads out because he did not have the proper qualification...

If the company has an in house system i.e. starters working with lead hands only. Most sites will let trainees on who have the CSCS card. Bring in a system of green hat until they have achieved a card from training.

The training needs to be focused from the Industry, the company's need to get involved. Skills testing has to be the next stage. On another thread I have seen the next big idea is to increase training from two weeks to four!! Someone thought it was a good idea to give the banks more money!! That worked didn't it :eek:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

CISRS is all about money Brandy, I did an advanced scaffolding inspection course a couple of week ago, I filled the course feedback sheet in good cos i new the instructor, not beeing funny but the course was embarressing, nowt new just £500 for 2 half days proper Rip, plus £26 for your card, if I am competent to inspect a scaffold without a course / card, why have a new course??the fool me for wasting the £500. I like tickets tho just got my advanced Level 3 Gold card, 17 years after first CITB trainee card, (Yisterday I cud not spell Skiffelder Today I is Yan)

Can you take the advance inspection course without an advanced scaffolders ticket?

the old skool way never did me any harm , it was basically beaten into you every second of the day exactly what to do, howto do it, from checking an turning fittings to getting gear from A to B and helping erect it, how to act on site or in someones picture perfect garden, how to whistle at the chicks in skimpy clothing and show off in the street with various daft tricks to impress everyone else lol

6 yrs from starting in scaffolding to getting a ticket

Pre course training? Green hat system.way to go.

Ragscaff, I done the basic scaff inspectors course,Ken Cain the tutor,said see you in 6 months for the advanced course

Last edited:
If the company has an in house system i.e. starters working with lead hands only. Most sites will let trainees on who have the CSCS card. Bring in a system of green hat until they have achieved a card from training.

The training needs to be focused from the Industry, the company's need to get involved. Skills testing has to be the next stage. On another thread I have seen the next big idea is to increase training from two weeks to four!! Someone thought it was a good idea to give the banks more money!! That worked didn't it :eek:

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Can you take the advance inspection course without an advanced scaffolders ticket?

you are not supposed to!!!... (but because site managers & engineers)... You know the people that need to know about Advanced scaffold structures (Loophall) have did the old inhouse unacreditated 2 day Basic scaffolding inspection course, they just send your old (Basic) cert off with th new Ad cert & £26 & you are now a site manager Advanced scaffolding inspector, :notrust: CISRS Carded, all singing & dancing

I have an 18 year old trainee 14 months now and he's allowed to use his spanner when he's with an advanced scaff. When he was about 2 months with us, he bought himself a belt and spanner and when I seen it on him I told him you look the part, but your job is getting that gear up. Now we let him fill in the intermediate transoms and fix the toe boards, stuff like that. I'm not holding him back just want him to learn the right way, It's how I was taught back in the days.

Pre course experience, the cost would be the company undertaking in house training which it should be doing then a one day assessment at work. No lost productivity, yes the assessment will cost but the system is no good as it is!!

I have an 18 year old trainee 14 months now and he's allowed to use his spanner when he's with an advanced scaff. When he was about 2 months with us, he bought himself a belt and spanner and when I seen it on him I told him you look the part, but your job is getting that gear up. Now we let him fill in the intermediate transoms and fix the toe boards, stuff like that. I'm not holding him back just want him to learn the right way, It's how I was taught back in the days.

Brandy, the scaffolding game on high hazard sites (nuclear, petro chem, powerstations has got to the stage where it is just about impossible for the Scaffs to carryout there work, in the complicated environments while also adhering to scaffolding Legistlation. working @ heights 2005, the Hierarchy says, Dont work at height, use a MEWP, fixed platform, & when you do build a job use Scaff step (Kamikazie Step) or advanced guardrail make sure your trannys are flush or the jobs fucked with AG, also you cant put ladder on out side, ok meter lifts is the slowest, material using way, but is the only way of keeping major clients happy, & eliminates scaffs from being exposed to open edges,.. SG4:10 compliant or not, Only my opinion:idea:

Top Bottom