Average Wage

obviously If I could pay for it I would. Everyone's circumstances are different if your left with F-all in your pocket each week you cant save for it. anyway deb give yourself a nice pat on the back for paying for your own.

part 1 costs around £800... same for part 2.. assesement " about £150

Thats a total of about £1700-£1800.. its not a lot hey ?? get a loan,, how much you spend on beer and fags a week ?? make sacrifices. why should your boss pay anyway ?? and you wouldn't get a start many places without your cards...
I did give myself a pat on the back mate .. I saved and payed my own fukin way...

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

obviously If I could pay for it I would. Everyone's circumstances are different if your left with F-all in your pocket each week you cant save for it. anyway deb give yourself a nice pat on the back for paying for your own.

Thats a total of about £1700-£1800.. its not a lot hey ?? get a loan,, how much you spend on beer and fags a week ?? make sacrifices. why should your boss pay anyway ?? and you wouldn't get a start many places without your cards...
I did give myself a pat on the back mate .. I saved and payed my own fukin way...

if you dont have a level 2 nvq in anything phone skill solutions,dont know whether the funding is there this year,it was for last but every august the government release cash for scaff training as long as you havent got a level 2 nvq and a few other perameters,hope that helps somebody;)

Question for all the lads out there
What is your average take home wage each week??
I Started Scaffolding back in 1996-2002 left England for 8 years came back in 2010.
I missed out on getting put through my tickets. and don't have a spare £850 laying around to pay for them.

currently in the south east working for an old mate taking home £300 per week which is £50 less then the last firm I was on and with out the £75 I was getting for Saturdays I'm around £500 per month down and with a kid on the way and the wife unable to work can no way survive on this. To top it off my mate just hired another bloke who used to be my labourer and is paying him more.

Sorry about the dribble. I'm pretty sure even labourers are taking home more than this each week.

if your putting the work in bigtone think you want a bit more than 300 a week wether youve got tickets or not i know things are not that good at the moment but thats a labourers wage any bloke thats scaffolding and on the spanners should be lifting 500 a week and a up lift for the weekend. i know some jobs are different and paye beter money but!!! 300 take home for a fixer is pretty poor and a p!ss take hope things look up for you in the future bigtone

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Well done again prob spend less on beer and fags then you do don't smoke and have a couple of pints on a Friday. Who said anything about boss paying for it. It's one of those things we need but we don't need. Experience counts for nothing these days. It's a disgrace that those of us been in the game a long time even have to do a part 1

Well done again prob spend less on beer and fags then you do don't smoke and have a couple of pints on a Friday. Who said anything about boss paying for it. It's one of those things we need but we don't need. Experience counts for nothing these days. It's a disgrace that those of us been in the game a long time even have to do a part 1

Not that old chestnut...:laugh: suit yourself mate, but as said above £300 is taking the piss.. our trainee gets a lot more than that..

Your boss can get government funding to put you through your ticket or he can claim it back through his taxes... Worth looking into....

if your putting the work in bigtone think you want a bit more than 300 a week wether youve got tickets or not i know things are not that good at the moment but thats a labourers wage any bloke thats scaffolding and on the spanners should be lifting 500 a week and a up lift for the weekend. i know some jobs are different and paye beter money but!!! 300 take home for a fixer is pretty poor and a p!ss take hope things look up for you in the future bigtone

I was on over 400 pw back in 2001 2002 . Just the response I was looking for. Thanks for the support. Stuck in a rut

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Your boss can get government funding to put you through your ticket or he can claim it back through his taxes... Worth looking into....

Cheers. Won't help the money situation but thanks for the heads up

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Not that old chestnut...:laugh: suit yourself mate, but as said above £300 is taking the piss.. our trainee gets a lot more than that..

Ok well quit smoking almost 16 weeks ago. And 300 is a ******* piss take.

Try that UTN mate. They are forum members and post on here. They put people on all the courses and then try and find them jobs.
Only problem is you would have to move to Yorkshire though!!

Fred, surely moving to Yorkshire is the icing on the cake?

My wee nephew (boy is a huge unit - just younger!) is laboring round Edinburgh and is only taking £6.06 an hour. Thats with CSCS ticket

Top Bottom