Average Wage

Bigtone

Reaction score
Question for all the lads out there
What is your average take home wage each week??
I Started Scaffolding back in 1996-2002 left England for 8 years came back in 2010.
I missed out on getting put through my tickets. and don't have a spare £850 laying around to pay for them.

currently in the south east working for an old mate taking home £300 per week which is £50 less then the last firm I was on and with out the £75 I was getting for Saturdays I'm around £500 per month down and with a kid on the way and the wife unable to work can no way survive on this. To top it off my mate just hired another bloke who used to be my labourer and is paying him more.

Sorry about the dribble. I'm pretty sure even labourers are taking home more than this each week.

Unfortunately Bigtone the firms that pay their men peanuts have pushed the prices right down, we're competing against a company that pays pt2's £7.00 ph FFS

Totally depends where you are and the firm.

A labourer will be very lucky to be on that. Nowadays its all about the tickets when it comes to pay.

that's the harsh fact of it :( I don't have the tickets, dont have the chance to get them and lose out on work to people that just want to jump on the spanner straight away. Gotta learn to do the labouring before doing the fixing. what ever happened to that

It went out the window a long time ago mate if they wanna go on the spanner let them carry the gear for them.

They allways fuxk up in the end mate

i started 1980 and if i average out my earnings at half way through my working life at 25000 a year and i work 50 years that will be

£ 1.25 million

i would say to anyone if you choose scaffolding as a career you cannot afford not to get qualified these days

if you can't afford the course investigate firms that will put you through and give them a good service if you can its worth it

i started 1980 and if i average out my earnings at half way through my working life at 25000 a year and i work 50 years that will be

£ 1.25 million

i would say to anyone if you choose scaffolding as a career you cannot afford not to get qualified these days

if you can't afford the course investigate firms that will put you through and give them a good service if you can its worth it

True agree with that. Changing firm is a risk though due to last in first out when the work dries up. decisions decisions.

Bigtone, I couldn't even take you on without tickets even if you were the best scaffolder on the planet. A disgrace I know but things may have gotten worse since you went away. £300 whilst not the best is a living wage but if he is paying the other boy more he must be worth more to him as he could put him on any site required whilst there will be lots who just wouldn't accept a non carded scaffolder on their site.

Have you approached your mate about helping you get carded?

Bigtone, I couldn't even take you on without tickets even if you were the best scaffolder on the planet. A disgrace I know but things may have gotten worse since you went away. £300 whilst not the best is a living wage but if he is paying the other boy more he must be worth more to him as he could put him on any site required whilst there will be lots who just wouldn't accept a non carded scaffolder on their site.

Have you approached your mate about helping you get carded?

That's the harsh reality of it. Doubt he would be able to put me through them as he is a one man band. And if he was to say no would complicate things.
Changing firm seems the only way but a risk.

I'm only a one man band and have a steady stream heading for training all the time. Think of an offer you could make and take it too him, might work for both of you.

I'm only a one man band and have a steady stream heading for training all the time. Think of an offer you could make and take it too him, might work for both of you.

food for thought. cheers but England have probably got more chance of winning the Euros than that happening. good mate but squeeks when he walks

Mmm, I suppose I am training the young team more where there is lots of funding, a bit different for adults but it's still bound to benefit both of you in the long term. I would still give it a whirl, nothing ventured and all that. Think a bit about what you could offer him to get him on the hook and let us know how it goes. Good luck with this and the new arrival on the way.

England ARE going to win the Euros

Things must be bad lol

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Mmm, I suppose I am training the young team more where there is lots of funding, a bit different for adults but it's still bound to benefit both of you in the long term. I would still give it a whirl, nothing ventured and all that. Think a bit about what you could offer him to get him on the hook and let us know how it goes. Good luck with this and the new arrival on the way.

Nice one Cheers Scobe

I paid for my own part 1 and 2.. no sympathy with anyone moaning about not being able to afford it.. for fuks sake grow a pair and get them done... otherwise stay on ***** money.. but don't complain about it...

I had my part 1 paid for and that was it but doesn't mean we can't have a bit of sympathy for others Deb surely.

I paid for my own part 1 and 2.. no sympathy with anyone moaning about not being able to afford it.. for fuks sake grow a pair and get them done... otherwise stay on ***** money.. but don't complain about it...

I do. It's bloody hard work if you struggle to save money when trying to just exist.

Good luck mate, speak to the boss about your situation and see if you can meet in the middle.

obviously If I could pay for it I would. Everyone's circumstances are different if your left with F-all in your pocket each week you cant save for it. anyway deb give yourself a nice pat on the back for paying for your own.

Top Bottom