ashers

cozzy

Reaction score
alright quick question in 20 years in the game its always puzzeld me why when you put a couple of tube in to the side of windows to steady it there called ashers where did that name/term come from thanks in advance

alright quick question in 20 years in the game its always puzzeld me why when you put a couple of tube in to the side of windows to steady it there called ashers where did that name/term come from thanks in advance

i've always known em as nips!

Just jammers in my world, not that we would ever use them.:embarrest:

Used to call them pinch ties. Just as a coincidence, the first scaffolder i ever worked with was called Tommy Ash. (Tommya). Don't suppose it's called after him. ha ha.

when we worked in Italy we used to call them eye ties,ant seen any reveal tie's in yonks.

pinches, worked with lads who use to say if you got pinches you dont need sway braces , even though they are on clips :suspicious:

yeh i did same when i was on tools - ruff cut punk

not reveal ties bud , up north we call them jammers , a reveal tie is on a thread bud where you actually tighten it into the reveal, jammers are when u use the transoms to nip into each side of window

Regs used to be, allowed 50% reveal ties, 50% positive. Have'nt seen a reveal tie in years.

good old revel ties lol,remember the proper key you got to turn em what a device that was, still got one a think.yea 50% you were allowed.

Ah i was always told to put ashers in, it does steady the job up but i tend to use doubles rather than singles. its an old school scaff trick though you dont get young uns doing it!

tom - im a youngan , i was taught to do it mate , never used sways , and also taught to do the old fascia compression tie with the dogs , to be honest mate never used hiltis when i was on the tools !!

Top Bottom