Are "Pump Jacks" available in the UK?

agulesin

Reaction score
Looking for something similar to these which are available in the 'States:

Pump Jack

Not part of the industry, just home owner looking for an access solution...

Many thanks for any (useful!) info and links!

What exactly does it do? reading the description two 2x10 boards can be raised?
Whats the access problem?

I've not seen one before. What would you raise with it?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

You beat me to it Dandaps:)

Basically their like cripples that crawl up the standards?not seen these before:unsure:

What are the advantages Agulesin?

AFAIK it saves time setting up pole or cup-lock scaffolding for simple jobs- painting, siding etc. we need some to finish off the insulation we're doing on our house at the moment.

Like I said I'm not a professional and don't want to put you guys out of work...

Looking for something similar to these which are available in the 'States:

Pump Jack

Not part of the industry, just home owner looking for an access solution... (Get a Scaff company to quote)

Many thanks for any (useful!) info and links!

I doubt very much they are availabe in the UK, we have had Sabic & Aramco enquiring if we work to Osha standards which do mention Pump jack Scaffolds,but no we work to BSEN Standards why reinvent the wheel ? (Maybe Posses Manufacturers Copyrights)

Brit Scaffolds since before I was born in 1950 and revised on a periodic basis for the better until last x amount of years when penpushers got involved and obstacles constantly faced by Scaffs who have to endure the problems every working day.

Last edited:
I suspect it would be easier and cheaper to erect a proper scaffold than to try and get them standards to stand up unaided:unsure:

I carried out a feasibility study on this system for an investor that was considering buying this sh.it, it’s a fookin nightmare and certainly wouldn’t be allowed on most UK sites

Hey Dandaps, as safety is much important and so compared to ladders, makes your life easier as they can produce a shifting scaffold system that lets you to be effortlessly close to your work area. Currently there are the two kinds of pump jacks which easily available in the market like aluminum pump jacks and wooden planks. Hope this helps everyone with the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom