Apprenticeships

Not me I'm afraid, school of hard knocks but got there in the end.

There is a few of us left that still care about are industry and the young scaffolders believe it or not.

I Do Believe You Instructor, Every Post Of Yours Is Genuine Mate, Just Not A Very Good System Thats All.

There is a few of us left that still care about are industry and the young scaffolders believe it or not.

I think there is more than a few, I have met them but seem to have their hands tied.

I Do Believe You Instructor, Every Post Of Yours Is Genuine Mate, Just Not A Very Good System Thats All.

I've got a very good scaff that has done all his courses and his portfolio, but the portfolio has been sent back three times because he forgot to state the bleeding obvious on a few things.. such as the fact that he uses a swivel at the bottom of a brace etc. not once, but three times. Not all instructers seem to help either..I'd understand if he was a trainee and they wanted to test his knowledge but it seems that some are just jobsworths..

Your Are Unfortunately Going To Find A Jobsworth In Every Walk Of Life, Some Dont Seem To Care That That Is A Mans Liveliehood That They Are Fekking Around With But Not Every Instructor Is An Arse, Some Do Care And Are Good At There Jobs.

The system needs to be looked at from top to bottom. The system has been hijacked by faceless money people. The CISRS and CITB system for training was set up with help of the unions not for money but to make are industry safer and accountable.

first i would like to see is less paperwork more practical training.
Second do away of the NVQ portfolios.
Third Have more instructors on the NASC training panel.
fourth inspectors who have the power to turn up at any centre to see if the collages are adhering to NASC guidelines.

They do have inspectors though don't they? Maybe more for the VQ.

Have to say, the paper work is pants, most become scaffs because they can hardly write their own name, myself included and to spend your first week of an induction course in the classroom is a bit much for me.

What about all these new regs, could more be done to help the boy's build their jobs using the available technology and ssow, the temp roof and even the chimneys spring to mind.

first i would like to see is less paperwork more practical training.
Second do away of the NVQ portfolios.
Third Have more instructors on the NASC training panel.
fourth inspectors who have the power to turn up at any centre to see if the collages are adhering to NASC guidelines.

having said that i need mine filled in photos and all address please ;)

They do have inspectors though don't they? Maybe more for the VQ.

Have to say, the paper work is pants, most become scaffs because they can hardly write their own name, myself included and to spend your first week of an induction course in the classroom is a bit much for me.

What about all these new regs, could more be done to help the boy's build their jobs using the available technology and ssow, the temp roof and even the chimneys spring to mind.

paper work if a load of w@nk the assesment should be over a week and if you not up to scratch go home work for another 6 mounths and get tested again portfolios are w@nk :laugh:

Thanks for the replies guys

The sad fact is, after THREE years being an apprentice, he apparently has only done a Part 1b (whatever the fu.ck that is), what the fu.ck was going on during this time, 3 fekin years!

and then at the end of it they give him a Certificate of Completion
completion of what, its worth fek all:mad:

the poor lad has just been used as cheap labour and his confidence is going to be feked as he has to go back now and start from the begining:cry:

CISRS / CITB / CKILLS bunch of cu.nts

ah that feeels better,rant over

Top Bottom