anybody very good with computers

S

steve gregory

my pc has gone on a right trip the mouse has created a mind of its own. cleaned it up even re-formatted it and still the same , stripped the machine and fully cleaned it out and given it a good blow out but the same, any ideas ?

what exactly is the problem , you do realise that a computer with no problems is just folklore dont you steve.

have you run malwarebytes thru it
have you dumped all temp files and cleared all browser cookie etc etc

is mouse in need of new batteries

have you got it fully updated run belarc advisor

have you installed any programs lately
have you installed any hardware lately

what operating system are you on, right click my computer , select manage,
this will open a page up that will show device manager and event viewer among other things .

check in device manager to see if any little yellow triangles nxt to anything first

then check in event viewer choose windows logs and check thru each of the following: application, security, setup, system

let me know if anything has a yellow triangle or red circle nxt to it.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

if there is anything try get event ID numbers and error codes

I am not bad with computers but this 1 has baffled me, done everything yes xxianxx i have tried a different mouse and even different ports, its just this mouse problem im starting to think ive got parkinsons..

next stop sledgehammer.

it even did it after the format without anything in it

its wired , i have even tried the wireless its gotta be something up with the motherboard

To roll back your driver in Windows XP, go to Start --> Settings --> Control Panel --> Mouse. Click on the "hardware" tab. Select the appropriate pointing device, and click "properties." Click the driver tab, then select "roll back driver."

Under the "hardware" tab, there may be more than one mouse. If this is the case, select the one that is not used, follow the settings above, and then select "uninstall." Or, you can go into Control Panel --> System --> Hardware --> Device Manager, and remove the device under "Mice and other pointing devices." Note: if you are on a laptop with a touchpad that you never use, don't remove the touchpad anyway.

Another possibility is that the driver has a corrupted "jump to" setting. This is called different things by different manufacturers, but is a setting where it moves to the default button when a window pops up. It could be moving to the corner instead of moving to the button. Find this setting under mouse properties (as above) and disable it.General rules of mouse problems:

done it chris then re-formatted it cos i'd had enough this problem has been going on over 2 weeks now.. its running vista , its a 3.2 dual core.

steve do yourself a big big favour either upgrade to windows 7 or reinstall windows xp.

i had vista ultimate on my pc it was a total fcukin nightmare constantly problems with everything from drivers, programmes i even had microsoft assisstance on the fone a whole week trying to install service pack one and they could not sort it.
vista when running properly was very good , but it was very rarely good :suspicious:

my pc has gone on a right trip the mouse has created a mind of its own. Cleaned it up even re-formatted it and still the same , stripped the machine and fully cleaned it out and given it a good blow out but the same, any ideas ?
ask the computer doc.com

hit the fuc*** thing with a podger , if that dont work launch it out the window just make sure the window is open or you might break it

Have you added any new hardware or other USB equipment which may be causing a power drain to the system. Done this myself and was a bugger to diagnose.

Do you have any equipment which is non essential you can disconnect/unplug like hard drives, floppy drives, a cd/dvd drive etc....

steve do yourself a big big favour either upgrade to windows 7 or reinstall windows xp.

i had vista ultimate on my pc it was a total fcukin nightmare constantly problems with everything from drivers, programmes i even had microsoft assisstance on the fone a whole week trying to install service pack one and they could not sort it.
vista when running properly was very good , but it was very rarely good :suspicious:

ill just go and borrow it from my favourate friend windows 7 here goes...

Top Bottom