Anybody heard of agilescaffolding high Wycombe ?

Personally don't choose scaffolding as a career
Or to be honest any construction based job
I have an old school pal in I.T
Not massively up in the ranks he is on 75k a year from home
**** construction mate
Hard work low ish pay

I've got no qualifactions mate I couldn't afford to go back to full time education , my old man is a web designer/computer programmer and he's on no where near that amount of money .

Just trying to say there are easier ways to earn a living

Scaffolding is HARD GRAFT ask anyone here
Ruins your body end of story

Everybody could tell a story about any job earning super cash, but as usual they are in the minority. Scaffolding is no different, there are some on mega money and it's usually guy's in my experience that came from the ranks, but there are some with no push for self advancement earning a basic wage. I fall in to very average category as with most facets of my life. There is no glass ceiling in this game, only grades of how much you are willing to put in and what you are willing to sacrifice.

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Scaffolding is HARD GRAFT ask anyone here
Ruins your body end of story

Hi Essex, the hard graft and physical activity is one of the biggest attractions for me. I was not interested in school and working hard was what I was good at. You are right about the body though, things are changing with different techniques and materials so someone starting now will have it easier than when I started who had it easier when Paddy Carr started who had it about the same when Moses started.;)

That is true mate there are some good earners in scaffolding
There usually miles from home working in a harsh environment
I know secretary's in the city on average scsffolders money

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

I liked grafting mate when I was younger and believe me I did
And still do most of the time but when your young you don't think
Long term now I'm older the body won't keep up with it anymore
So anyone who gets into it should think can I still do it when I'm 50+

There are, just depends on who you are. To be honest, I would take a seat in a truck any day of the week before a seat in the typing pool. A day in the office bores me to tears and I'm always left feeling, wtf have I achieved today and the answer is usually nothing. After a day on the guns, you get a different response.

I'm with you I'm no office bod but I'm sure if we had our time again
We would think slightly different where scaffolding is concerned

I have to admit, i started off my working life in an office.
I was a 'tea-boy' come trainee Engineer for TRAD Scaffolding.
(I was only 16)

There were times when i was so bored behind a computer screen that id nearly fall asleep at my desk.

Only time i nearly fell asleep at work, was after working a Friday day, doing 2 hours overtime and going straight onto a Friday night, working to 8am Saturday morning.
(20+ hours solid work. - Smashed me to bits.) :push:

Honestly, I'm not so sure. You are right about a lot, the body aches and there is no way I can do what I once did, but I wouldn't hang up the guns for anything. I am honest enough to admit I found my level, I probably couldn't have done as well in any other trade which has been good to me. It also helps when you are the gaffer, no matter how small your ship, when the aches start you can find something else that needs done.

Essex I'm in a desk job at the moment and its depressing ( the way ive gone through ranks , I didnt have a choice ) and it's what's made me want to leave the army .

Anything u do is no good for you work with computers your likely to get RPTS , migranes etc .

No matter what job you do realistically their is some danger init and you risk crippling yourself when your old but that's the nature of the game .

Below is something I was told after having a motorbike crash and snapped my ACL .

Life is not a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body,but rather to skid in broadside across the finish line, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW-- What a Ride

I was on trad many moons ago Jason
Neil Gardner had just become a supervisor when I was on there

Nice one Jay, one I was told from an ex-army medic watching us go down the droppers whilst a driller was on the tow was "Their is no greater incentive than no other alternative." Stuck with me for a long time and not much got in my way.

"Their is no greater incentive than no other alternative."

Did you happen to work for TRAD Scaffolding?
I think that was the motto of most of their blokes. :bigsmile:

No job... fukked for money?
No other choice?

Ring TRAD, lmfao!

Top Bottom