Anybody heard of agilescaffolding high Wycombe ?

jay787

Reaction score
Anybody heard of this company before ? I've got an interview with them today :)

That was fast, Good luck Jay. Sorry I can't help with the firm but someone will.

Yer he's offered me the job just need to go in talk money hours etc .

Haha, hate to say "told you so" but told you so.:cool:

Haha I'm a bit warey as I heard they went bust few years ago , and don't always have alot of work on , I've got 2 other possible companys lined up through friends .

He seemed very keen to take me on as they've only got few drivers and they've got an old boy who they wanna try and keep in the yard they want the young lads on the road .

I wouldn't worry too much about them going bust especially if it was a few years back, they say you will never know how to run a firm until you have went to the wall at least once. I could be wrong but in my humble opinion I would rather the old boy on the road and the young team on the site but each to their own. I'm thinking of a few old boy's I've worked with over the years and you couldn't touch them for driving and loading-unloading. You couldn't buy experience like it.

I know was quite surprised aswell as I thought it would be like that , maybe he's fed up with being on the road but still wants to be in the game and it's their way to retain him

Never heard of them , worth a try tho lets face it most scaffold firms go bust every few years

Half an hour before interview matey phones up to say hes stuck in maidenhead gleaming ! Going to have to rearrange for another day :(

Last edited:
I know its not on the topic of the thread, but if your still looking for a job, have you tried one of the many Agencies that are screaming out for Scaffolders atm?

(I know T.Animal is gonna moan, lol)
But work is work and money is money - As long as you get paid, thats all that matters.

Octane Recruitment is looking for Scaffolders - £16 an hour, they say they are offering.
Tom or Barbara are the 2 agents i know who are looking...

Gibbs I'm not qualified mate ive never done any scaffolding , but I've got my c , c+e .

Ok mate, fair enough.
You can call me Jason or Jay, if you like.

Jay , im still in the army so I'd prefer more a permanent job then temp .

So you've never done any kind of Scaffolding before?

If not, there's far, far, far more 'better' trades to start in, then Scaffolding.
Dont get me wrong, i love Scaffolding.

But its more addictive then crack or heroin, once you start, you get the buzz for it and you cant stop doing it, no matter how much it wrecks your body and pisses you off, lol.

Jason, don't put him off, I've invested a lot of time to bring him to the dark side.:noworry:

What trades would you recommend ? To be fair the army's trashed my knees and back , being I've got my c , c+e companies seem to be keen to take me on .

And I like the way all the lads look out for eachother , quite similar to the army .

Im gonna go for it AOM don't worry lol ! Just a case of getting taken on .

What trades would you recommend ? To be fair the army's trashed my knees and back , being I've got my c , c+e companies seem to be keen to take me on .

And I like the way all the lads look out for eachother , quite similar to the army .

Scaffolding is a good job... if your lucky enough to get on a good firm or work with a good gang.
(Alot of firms are run by c.unts and alot of blokes you work with are pricks, i wont lie or sugar-coat it.)

But, its not the best job in the world.
Your well, well underpaid for what you do and your well, well under respected for what you have to do.

Honestly...
2 jobs that would be worth a look at are:
  • Electrician.
  • Plumber.

Both jobs you can do, 24/7 - 52 weeks a year, with rain, wind and snow doing little to effect them and you can earn a nice few quid doing 'privates', with little needed except a bit of equipment and your day-to-day tools.

Scaffolding 'privates' are a different story... you need several £000's (thousand pounds) of tube and fitting, a lorry, insurance, HGV driving licence and so on.

One good thing about Scaffolding, is that if your young, you wont have too much competition.

None of the kids now days want to do a days work... Most kids are lazy fukkers.
So, if you wanna graft, you'll be in big demand, lol. :laugh:

scaffolding.

LOL! :laugh:

All taken on board mate but I'm currently clearing good money if I was to go back to apprentice for 2-3 years I'd be skint as **** .

I'm thinking about going to night school to get trained as a plumber/electrician.

I've got my full hgv license I'm fit and not shy of grafting hard ! And I'm used to doing alot of work for not alot of money in **** conditions for people he treat you like ***** .(I was in afghan in '09 I was clearing 1200 a month after tax !

Top Bottom