another organisation formed

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
The SCCR is run by committee. The committee is voted in by the members.

Any issue can be raised by a member.

As we have said this year we will launch the elite membership which is to offer an alternative to the NASC to the principal contractor.

We do not limit our membership, any company or individual can join.

This is aimed at helping any scaffolding company to be accepted for the work they do, at the level they wish to achieve. They will have to abide by the our code of conduct to gain the elite status.

If this is the same as the NASC then I must be wasting my time.

SQ

Stewart

If there is no audit process for company membership then how can the SCCR offer any contractor some form QA for their members?

so correct are you frederick numbers make changes and as for ecitb tickets bet a lot of people dont know the durys still out on this one!!! scaff step well think it would be fine if you had 10 scaffolders working together lifting each end of the ledgers and handrails ect as this dont happen there s!it hard work and dangerous get rid of them up down down up up down!!! scaffoldings a young mans job anyway as for the step you got to be really young non productive and fooking fit and as i said non productive

Thought companies joined the nasc for plum jobs. Sccr will not be the rivals doing the auditing.

So what's the difference mate? - anyone can join the NASC as long as they fulfill the audit criteria.

I think a lot of guys on here will disagree with that comment.

The amount of threads about the closed shop attitude speak for themselves.

I know a company that was refused entry over two years ago because 1 employee was still holding an ECITB ticket. The ticket was good up to last year?

Another because not enough Advanced scaffolders, they would not include the owners ticket in the count!

I have many many more.

SQ

Last edited:
Thought companies joined the nasc for plum jobs. Sccr will not be the rivals doing the auditing.

What would be the point of joining anything if the member didn't get something back?

Who would do the auditing then - someone with no connection whatsoever to a scaffolding contractor?

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

I think a lot of guys on here will disagree with that comment.

The amount of threads about the closed shop attitude speak for themselves.

SQ

But it's not a closed shop Stewart, is it?

Like we've established, anyone can join the NASC as long as they fulfill the audit criteria - Just like the SCCR.

the sccr is run by committee. The committee is voted in by the members.

Any issue can be raised by a member.

As we have said this year we will launch the elite membership which is to offer an alternative to the nasc to the principal contractor.

We do not limit our membership, any company or individual can join.

This is aimed at helping any scaffolding company to be accepted for the work they do, at the level they wish to achieve. they will have to abide by the our code of conduct to gain the elite status.

If this is the same as the nasc then i must be wasting my time.

Sq

to me the elite does sound very much like the nasc
and any company individual can join thats not really setting the standard is it if any tom **** and harry can join unless there is just as a single member tom **** and harry cna join to be herd and not as a company i hope that companie do have to go threw procdiures to be accepted to keep standards high. I also hope that it never become a who you knwo rather than what you know for the commitie members i like the idea i really do i am just a bit unsure as to the future of the sccr and will it leave us scaff high and dry once the money rolls in and bending to legislations etc etc i hope not as i do do !!!!!!! Think the princable idea is a good 1 the scaffolder voice, were your original intentions but be more of a nasc or more of a union the sccrs seem stuck in the middle i do not mean to be rude or upset any one with my view am just trying to get my head aroudn the hole thing cheers callum

Difference is scaff 1969, Sccr was started by scaffs concerned with changes being forced on scaffs. by non scaffs. Eg scaff step, eictb tickets,etc. Sccr needs more members to have a fighting chance.

Mate, I'm not trying to dig the SCCR out here, just trying to get my head round this.

Why would having individuals as members have any value for contractors who employ the services of scaffolding contractors?

Its a voice for scaffolders Phil. If 10,000 scaffs say,We dont agree with this new ruling,imposed by 'Whoever Ltd,' someones got to listen. At the moment theres no group who will speak up for scaffs rights/welfare. Apart from the Sccr.

Its a voice for scaffolders Phil. If 10,000 scaffs say,We dont agree with this new ruling,imposed by 'Whoever Ltd,' someones got to listen. At the moment theres no group who will speak up for scaffs rights/welfare. Apart from the Sccr.

That, is a Union mate.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

I don't know anything about them either, what have they done wrong?

This group of men wont call for strikes Phil. Its men passionate about having a say in an industry that makes changes for personal gain, Scaff step springs to mind. My opinion.

This group of men wont call for strikes Phil. Its men passionate about having a say in an industry that makes changes for personal gain, Scaff step springs to mind. My opinion.

Yes, but that doesn't get away from the fact that organisations that campaign for the welfare and working conditions of workers is called a 'Union'

Not all Union's are militant.

Top Bottom