anal retentive scaffolders

longun

Reaction score
Has anyone else had the pleasure of working with an anally retentive mong? Measuring down to the last mm for transoms and eyes constantly glued to a drawing... faaaacking hell

Depends on the job mate, , sometimes blokes like that are worth their weight in gold, other times it just slows the job and frustrates the fuk out of you, measuring tranny spacings is just gay though :eek:

Roughly four bricks or two blocks is 900mm, thats close enough for me. What nexr making sure the doubles are bang on 950-470 for handrail...

N truth most firms are getting like this and it will only get worse

What ill think will happen in few years is that on site now u have to have one with a smsts ticket I can see it that one will have to have a nebosh or inspectors ticket at least so there is someone contstantly checking the scaffolds any ideas on that gents

I think you may have a point there pal. As for inspectors we have two that go round and do our weekly checks so we have that base covered.

I must admit, I hate handrail measurers, stick your double on at baw height and bead down and it will be right. Anyone who can't space trannies by eye shouldn't really be in the game but to be honest I have seen it done a few times here and it really does my head in for some reason, I think it just looks like you haven't the faintest what you are doing.

The boys think I'm retentive because anything less than bang on straight is a bag of knitting in my eyes, then one of them will pull out the tape for the hand rail and still get it fekin wrong, and I am still the erse.:nuts:

I once worked for a PCC flooring firm where the spacing of a few mm was crucial. They are permanent structures, some people in scaffolding seem to have forgotten what scaffolding is about - 'Temporary Access'.

Measure twice -fix once

staff 1 fix 1 lol.

belt height and bubble down bubble and level what evrey you want as long as both of yas are on the same page fuk it. if its scaff step job which we all knwo ti is lol 42 27 centres or 42 level down lol

Getting very technical this scaffolding malarky , what happened to smash it up and get paid

"Getting very technical this scaffolding malarky , what happened to smash it up and get paid"

Too many dead and seriously injured may-hap :(

I listen to the "expert" scaffolders every day that cannot work to a drawing or use a tape/rule. Most have the "cards" but not the experience :sad:

I've even had someone measuring the handrails before sure it will happen again

oh yes... measure the top... measure the bottom... both ends... :evil:
what ever happened to belly button and bubble down

oh yes... measure the top... measure the bottom... both ends... :evil:
what ever happened to belly button and bubble down

That was actually a H+S bloke for skanska not scaffold inspectors with fook all else to do took us about 3 days "putting right" his list........ Jeremy hunt!!!

Top Bottom