An I right or wrong?

porter

Reaction score
Had a phone call last week of a young
Guy around 24 asking for a bit of labour
Work! Said he had been doing it for 7 mths!
Told him to come in sat and would pay
Him 60 in the hand and see how we got on!
Now will give it he was very willing but still
At the stage constantly asking what you
Want next! Told him to come in Monday
But he texts me sun night to tell me he feels
60 a day in the hand isn't enough! Am I paying
The right price or not?

pay him wot hes worth if hes worth more giv im it if not dont

more than fair mt these young kids think that they should be on the same wage az a scaff

Thanks for the comments! Just sometimes
People can make me feel like I'm trying to
Have them over whilst I think I'm being fair
And sometimes I find myself questioning
Myself!

The right price or not?

we got scaffolders been in the game 10 years and still ask what gear lol!!!! if hes willing and keen give him a chance if he keeps on about money give him 50 theres plenty of labourers out there for 60 in the hand thats worth 85 before tax

As dico says £85.00/ day is there or there about for a labourer in the current jobs market. All depends on you if you want to keep him!

For cash in hand thats not a bad wage. If you want to keep him on offer a bit more after a 'probationary' period if he proves he is good enough.

Should think himself lucky my mate can get blokes £30-£50 a day and they can drive a lorry and 2nd fix!

rcsc wot ever u 4 real if u r ruthless

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

wots 2nd fix

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

chippy lost his way

That sounds fair enough to me Porter , i would say to him thats what it is , because if he dont want it then there are plenty that do

Sounds Fair Enough To Me Aswell Gents, I Know Part Two Scaffolders Who Are Earning Around £80 Per Day So £60 For A Labourer Dont Seem That Bad To Me.

The right price or not?

Now im all for fair pay (im one of the first to argue about our increasingly shiite wages), but £60 in the hand, cash seems pretty fair, if you ask me.

I wonder what the local competition who pay lads on the books and try to win work against this outfit think. Before people complain about how poor scaffolders money is they should consider they words of incouragement to this individual and the likes of his company and the way they operate. Basically sum's up everything that's wrong with this business, well done lads, you're doing more damage than any of the agencies that post on here.

1 gopher being given a quick bit of cash-in-hand work before Christmas is damaging our game how??
By like 0.0000000001%??

And the countless 'proper' and 'professional' Firms who constantly employ, cheap, under-qualified and foreign labour, whilst only following to the strict HSE guidelines when it suits them and manipulate and bully their workers into working in increasingly unsafe conditions aint???
I should know... ive worked for LOADS of them.

Stop talking shiite.

haha, the guy has a point I have seen it in the past but you are right Jason, one guy getting a bit of casual before Christmas is hardly going to bring the trade to it's knees.

So Jason, what is your point? No one can argue that any of these practices are moving the industry forward, only backwards.

Top Bottom