alternative to the step

Good luck with it Gscaff its as good as anything on the market and probably better then most , as its been designed by a scaffolder who knows the problems we will encounter

We have 5 types of advanced guardrails in the college i work in, B-safe, step up, turner and layher being some i can remember off the top of my head, i like them all at various points of use but see their downfalls too, your advanced guardrail system seems to be an interesting one, i would like you to contact me so i can purchase your product so we at NCC can show it to our delegates and test it's endurance in everyday use.

g scaff if i were you i would have in small print that its only to be use in accordence with manufactures guides and training youll have to do all the training bowt time the scaffs got on the gravy train lol

its not everybodys cup of tea thats the step aswell but would love a scaffolder to get the patent rather than the coffee and biscuit brigade!!! rather your swimming pool get heated gerscaff than the present company

dico, would love to go back to the old days, but it aint going to happen. as aom said, getting people to make the first purchase is the hardest thing to achieve. i will perservere, because i believe until you have worked with them, do you fully understand how easy the sysyem is. as for the heated swimming pool, i was keeping my feet on the ground thinking i could maybe give the weekend work up in favour of a round of golf

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

We have 5 types of advanced guardrails in the college i work in, B-safe, step up, turner and layher being some i can remember off the top of my head, i like them all at various points of use but see their downfalls too, your advanced guardrail system seems to be an interesting one, i would like you to contact me so i can purchase your product so we at NCC can show it to our delegates and test it's endurance in everyday use.

thanks for your interest . you have a private message

They all look good, what about when your topping out ie a 8ft x 8 lifts ? tower always going to have 2 hemps with out any handrails, even on a run your topping out over your h/rail.The trade is f**ked. We all should make a stand the industry needs us, F**k NASC and there Boys brigade .It all seemed so much simpler 20years ago.F**k it

looks interesting any further details you can send me ??

Well done Bru, forward thinking as ever.

firms will only buy the step as its the chepest option, simplest option, no moving parts, no bits to loose.. i think the whole step thing is a fcuking pile of toss.. the old way was fine.. i was happy, you were happy, only the faggots under their hse hats got wet socks from it.. cnuts..

They all look good, what about when your topping out ie a 8ft x 8 lifts ? tower always going to have 2 hemps with out any handrails, even on a run your topping out over your h/rail.The trade is f**ked. We all should make a stand the industry needs us, F**k NASC and there Boys brigade .It all seemed so much simpler 20years ago.F**k it

Cheers for the feedback gasby. It works on any scaffold with a ledger and a handrail, inc 8ft tower x 8 lifts. As previously said, once your up on the next lift, it may be necessary to hemp over the temporary handrail to fix it permanently if your scarfs are short. Being a site scaffolder myself, I know you will come across this. Either the grounds at different levels, or the tubes are different lengths. Personally I have found it easier to stand at a right angle to the handrail, rather than facing the handrail when putting my hemps on.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

firms will only buy the step as its the chepest option, simplest option, no moving parts, no bits to loose.. i think the whole step thing is a fcuking pile of toss.. the old way was fine.. i was happy, you were happy, only the faggots under their hse hats got wet socks from it.. cnuts..

Not if you factor in lost production. Any firm could easily knock up a spread sheet to compare the 2, and realise its not all about initial outlay, thats not to say they will do anything about it. Thanks for your comments Longun

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

looks interesting any further details you can send me ??

Scaffy, thanks for the interest. You have a private message

Good luck with it Gscaff its as good as anything on the market and probably better then most , as its been designed by a scaffolder who knows the problems we will encounter

Phil, thank you. this reply is tactical, I'm trying to keep my thread on the opening page for the weekend;)

Good luck mate, try posting a video of a squad of 3 doing the long run, might not seem as much 'Tooing and Froing'.

what is the Max length of handrail you would instal at once? and then is it just a case of raising that ammount and then once on top sliding it home into the Sleeves if longer runs needed?

Good luck mate, try posting a video of a squad of 3 doing the long run, might not seem as much 'Tooing and Froing'.

what is the Max length of handrail you would instal at once? and then is it just a case of raising that ammount and then once on top sliding it home into the Sleeves if longer runs needed?

Paddy thanks for your input.
There is no max length that you can install. simply join it all together using sleeves and raise gradually as the last video hopefully shows. 2 men could raise 20ft sections and join together once up on the lift, but you would need almost double the amount of upfronts. It seems easy enough to join before raising.
On all lifts except the base, you would raise your advanced guardrail before fixing your braces, making your access easier than the video shows.
When i make the final sales video wearing the PPE I will try and show more men raising a longer length of guardrail. I only showed the last video to demonstrate that the system can be used by one man [mondays usually]

Top Bottom