Agencies not providing PPE

redsteven5

Reaction score
Gents,

Not worked through many agencies before , so not aware of all the ins and outs.

Have many of you been told to provide your own boots / hardhat before etc?

How do agencies get away with this?

Regards.

The last one I was with mate I had to supply all my PPE, including my own harness. I think it took Interserve about a fortnight before they gave us a helmet. :cheesy:

Gents,

Not worked through many agencies before , so not aware of all the ins and outs.

Have many of you been told to provide your own boots / hardhat before etc?

How do agencies get away with this?

Regards.

Good point redsteve5,as they are, technically your employers:unsure:

they are not your employer thats why its a agencie they dont have to provide u with nothing your a subby thats that you have no full time contract with them or anything they will just use you when ever they feel like it and in my honist opion if your work for a agencie your bad at your job because i work for a big firm and they have used many agenies before and the lads have been poo

they are not your employer thats why its a agencie they dont have to provide u with nothing your a subby thats that you have no full time contract with them or anything they will just use you when ever they feel like it and in my honist opion if your work for a agencie your bad at your job because i work for a big firm and they have used many agenies before and the lads have been poo

Well done Oiley, you've just posted the biggest load of s.hit on here for a while.

I always use my own PPE when working for an Agency myself.
But to be fair, ive had my own PPE for ages and its nicer to wear and fits just right, lol.

Let's hope you're "big firm" never lay you off then fella cos with a dumb ass statement like that you will obviously struggle to string a sentence together when applying for a new job.

swifty google it they dont have to provide you with nothing then come back and say sorry

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

and karl do you need to be able to read or write to scaffold no didnt think so so your point is

I know that, It's the drivel that you spewed after you donkey that I'm on about.

As a sub-contractor for years, agencies are only obliged to provide labour to the contractor who is letting out the work.
As for ppe,spanners/tools harnesses ect, the individual scaff has to provide them themselves.
At the end of the tax year, submit all receipts to the accountant and let them sort out your money back.

I had to sign a contract with an agency,to get paid. I had to go with agency as company I contract forwill only pay thru agencie to escape their true liabilities. So if your on their books, and pay you,I think they employ you.

this is fact anybody who work for agencies are **** at there jobs fact
dont care who you are and you say looking at the money just ****

Do me a favour buddy. Lay off the weed!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

swifty google it they dont have to provide you with nothing then come back and say sorry

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

and karl do you need to be able to read or write to scaffold no didnt think so so your point is

May b it becos I'm a scaffldr that i like t make swiiping comnts bout blokes duin wot they can t feed ther kidz coz they not a luky as I am to work f a "big firm" like I do so I'll nevr need to luk fo anthr job.
Or maybe it's becouse I'm another fukcing wind up sad twaat with nothing decent to add so I'll just come on here to slag folks off. ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom