advanced scaffold inspection

nicley said celtic . As 1 old boy i know very well who is only basic and would never go for the advanced as all he ever said was whats the point for 50p a hr extra and the bigger risk of prison.
I much prefer the pub.lol.

I know of a lad not far from me who has just done his assessment for basic and still carnt base a independent out correctly when i asked him for the bay sizes he said 9ft for general scaffolds.I was amazed. Why carnt we revoke cards...

steve that sounds like 90% of basic scaffolders that ive had over last few years , training centres dont do a lot

yep had this the other day aswell, one lad who i know been scaffolding 16 years and is a part 1 cos the companies he has worked for have never felt the need to progress and train their lads, his mate was a part 2, nice lad hed been scaffolding for 2 years but admitted he hadnt put into practice outside of his course. i was really surprised to see that it took him about 20mins to get the staff mark from the scaffold and put in a ledger, standard and staff!

now i know we all start somewhere and he can only get better, but the part 2 is on more money than the other lad who has more experience !

nicley said celtic . As 1 old boy i know very well who is only basic and would never go for the advanced as all he ever said was whats the point for 50p a hr extra and the bigger risk of prison.
I much prefer the pub.lol.

I know of a lad not far from me who has just done his assessment for basic and still carnt base a independent out correctly when i asked him for the bay sizes he said 9ft for general scaffolds.I was amazed. Why carnt we revoke cards...

yep 50p thats about it steve times weve said this on sight every one mucks in any way whether its an advanced job or not as you get older you get wiser
you dont get any more thanks at the end of the day

good point steve the amount of hands ive worked who were of the same opinion ie not bothered bout going for their advance is imeasurable to quantify,i never judge a book by its cover.

steve that sounds like 90% of basic scaffolders that ive had over last few years , training centres dont do a lot

i had been on the tools about 5 years before my firm put me through my part 1, to be honest i found it really easy as i could do everything, but watching the other lads struggle was mind boggling!

its down to the lads to teach these learners the basics and develop their skills and the training centres to give them the knowledge and ssow procedures to back it up.

Tell me if im wrong But if your only a basic how can you go to a site and inspect all the scaffold on the F91 to design/droppers/sheeted/as you aint a clue.

are you advanced?
theres no such thing as an F91
and i agree with celtic regarding cards, its only a bit of plastic.
as ive said before dont let us argue about what card is the best because you can tell how good within 10 minutes,
its the clients that think its the dogs ******** to have a gold card.

PS I have a gold card but i have worked with and managed lads with basic cards that were far better scaffolders than i ever will be,(thick as fukc though:nuts:)

are you advanced?
theres no such thing as an F91
and i agree with celtic regarding cards, its only a bit of plastic.
as ive said before dont let us argue about what card is the best because you can tell how good within 10 minutes,
its the clients that think its the dogs ******** to have a gold card.

PS I have a gold card but i have worked with and managed lads with basic cards that were far better scaffolders than i ever will be,(thick as fukc though:nuts:)

very true statement jakdan plastic at the end of the day mate as for the f 91
it is a leagal document mate.

yeh i thought F91 went about 5 year ago , dico where you been mate

it was abolished a few year ago dico

well thats surprised me cause thats what weve used on capes for the last 8 years to sighn scaffolds on and off perhaps the f91 was just what they called them at the time iam not douting you jakdan but thats what we called them mate. dont forget your f 91 bla bla bla the way the scaffolding indusry changes nothing surprizes me .

well thats surprised me cause thats what weve used on capes for the last 8 years to sighn scaffolds on and off perhaps the f91 was just what they called them at the time iam not douting you jakdan but thats what we called them mate. dont forget your f 91 bla bla bla the way the scaffolding indusry changes nothing surprizes me .

It was called form 91 up until 1996, it is now called the scaffold register/record of inspection however more people still know it as the F91.

Dico, and simian, most scaffs i know me as well still call them F91's, on cape inspection sheet, it is written as
The Working at Height Regulation 2005
Scaffold Inspections
Report of the results of inspections under Regulation 12
then the name and address of client
address of site if different from above,
then the location and discription of scaffold etc of part thereof inspected (including indentification number) Date and time of inspection, Details of any matter identified that could give rise to a risk of the health and safety of any person, Details of any action taken as a result of any matter identified or futher action considered necessary. Signature of scaffold inspector.

Then at the bottom in the corner is capeform 91 issue2.
Which we have been using up until i was laid off in the early part of the year.
Perhaps someone could tell me why they could not be called F91's after 1996, what was in the change.

Dico, and simian, most scaffs i know me as well still call them F91's, on cape inspection sheet, it is written as
The Working at Height Regulation 2005
Scaffold Inspections
Report of the results of inspections under Regulation 12
then the name and address of client
address of site if different from above,
then the location and discription of scaffold etc of part thereof inspected (including indentification number) Date and time of inspection, Details of any matter identified that could give rise to a risk of the health and safety of any person, Details of any action taken as a result of any matter identified or futher action considered necessary. Signature of scaffold inspector.

Then at the bottom in the corner is capeform 91 issue2.
Which we have been using up until i was laid off in the early part of the year.
Perhaps someone could tell me why they could not be called F91's after 1996, what was in the change.

HSE had a step change away from using forms. Thats it, they started down the route of telling you what should be in it and you made it. I was with Cape for 24 years so you get used to something.

Last edited:
hi jackdan
totally agree mate don,t matter what colour your card its whats up top that counts 35 years in the game and still get good ideas and tips from the younger lads

lapta

Top Bottom