Advanced or Not?

more 5hite to deal with...so as an advanced scaff i can put the job up to the details of the drawings,but...in a short time wont be deemed competent to inspect it...even tho i put it up????...kerching!!:mad:

Daz know some advanced scaffolders who could not read a drawing if their life depended on it, so in some cases it is right and proper for a third party to inspect whats has been erected

Perhaps mate,but come on,drawings are a doddle...understand your point tho,there are some great scaffs out there who are phased by nothing in a practical sense,but arnt the most academic and struggle with paperwork and such like...horses for courses.

Thats something that they should teach at the Construction Colleges, when blokes turn up.
That and how to tie the correct knots.
As theres been more then a few Scaffolders ive met that struggle with the both.

This means that an advanced scaffolder can erect the job but not sign it off unless he has an inspection ticket!!!

What a load of boll*cks:eek:

Ragscaff

This means that an advanced scaffolder can erect the job but not sign it off unless he has an inspection ticket!!!

What a load of boll*cks:eek:

Ragscaff

Ya.
And the good thing is that a good and competent Advanced Scaffolder of like 30 years experience, whos worked on some of the most difficult Scaffolds can stand there and watch a Bus Driver sign one of their jobs off, as long as said Bus Driver has a valid Scaffold Inspection Ticket...

Sounds about right to me.
'Health and Safety' when it suits them, and as long as they can make money from it, as usual. :notrust:

as it clearly states if you have an advance card then you can inspect advance jobs,read jakdans earlier post,if you have a cisrs supervisers card but no advance,then you would not be able to take an advance inspection course,so only advance cardholders can do the advance inspection course that you dont need because you have an advance card already,but what baffles me is why are non scaffolders allowed on the scaffolders supervisors course:weird:

as it clearly states if you have an advance card then you can inspect advance jobs,read jakdans earlier post,if you have a cisrs supervisers card but no advance,then you would not be able to take an advance inspection course,so only advance cardholders can do the advance inspection course that you dont need because you have an advance card already,but what baffles me is why are non scaffolders allowed on the scaffolders supervisors course:weird:

The post was in 2012 even Advanced Scaffolder card holders will have to take the inspection course!

So I have been told.

Is this true?

I was talking to one of the bigwigs at a well known northwest training provider only this morning,and i asked him is this true,and he had,nt heard anything about this

Top Bottom