advanced course tomorrow

Does that mean plans will be required Instructor?

put us out of our misery well mine does it need a plan brace lol

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

job nd nock

Try putting one up off shore without one and you will be on the beach faster than a Blackpool donkey.:idea:

aom if you really want a true picture of the **** standard of training at places like erith i will give you one most contractor we use are ****, the gear is **** the classrooms are ****. As long as you keep pay your money no one gives a ****. Before anyone starts slagging me off i know i have worked there for 7 years trying to improve things.

Instructor, I am genuinely sorry to hear that. I have slated the training game more than once and after having recently decided to try and get qualified some helpful forum members have sent me some material that actually started to change my mind as I started to understand what the goal was. The above statement fills me with dread that someone like you can feel as strong as that but good on you for sharing. Don't suppose you have an answer?

One site we're on we get paid per fitting (£4) they don't agree with 100% clip on , so I told thyem 1M lifts is the best option. H&S with commercial experiece al the way. :D

Aom answer to the problems is this until we have real scaffolding people in the right places such as NASC and in the training centres providing the courses. NASC stop turning a blind eye to whats really going on in are training centres and stand up for whats right for the industry.

just completed the ssst course tuesday , Wednesday now start my advanced at erith on monday .....looking forward to it and do hope to learn some bits and pieces ....i don't know it all but 30 years scaffolding has taught me a few things

im fortunate and don't mind the scaff step and all the regs as long as we are all trained to do it and like aom has said in the past a positive attitude towards it

i will report back to the forum as to what i think

Good luck Tim mate.
You'll love it there. Always had a good laugh there and learned a few thingd too.

Aom answer to the problems is this until we have real scaffolding people in the right places such as NASC and in the training centres providing the courses. NASC stop turning a blind eye to whats really going on in are training centres and stand up for whats right for the industry.

I have met a couple of good guys who are instructing, one or two come on here for a nosey just to see if I'm slagging them off again. There are some real scaffolders in the game but obviously not enough to make a difference. I have told them my concerns many times but kinda gave up after a while as they just paid lip service to them and who am I after all?

I think the course is fine .... The shores are difficult enough to make people think hard to do it as to the drawing
I would normally have made my own ideas up
Specifically my standards always go on the chords .... Sorry George
I would say

1 independent for temporary roof should have the ladder and a gate so as to make it a better working platform

2 the drawings could be on a3 not a4

Could please send me the post regarding me say george and ron where getting the sack if not could get your fact right and stop being a fourm fish wife.

VLLB makes Instructor look stupid

Could please send me the post regarding me say george and ron where getting the sack if not could get your fact right and stop being a fourm fish wife.

Correct me if i'm wrong but........................... You really are stupid aren't you instructor!!!

2 like I said in previous post Jason, Hanger and Dead shore, assessment will be done by George or Ron

Not from the 27th of feb things are about to change and not before time.

in wot way they gonna change it m8

Sounds interesting Instructor, anything you can divulge?

Not at the moment, lets just say the two names will not be taking any assessments from 27th feb. The big man coming to town with a BIG brush.

Here's the full thread...

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/sca...ourses/15418-advanced-2-day-assessment-3.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom