Advanced 2 day assessment

Hi lads hope all is well looking to book my 2day assessment for my advanced in erith just wondered if anyone has done it recently and what it actually involves thanks

You'll have to do about 3 of the 10 or so jobs that you had to do on your Advanced course, complete some paperwork and forms and shell out about another £500 for the 'privilege'.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. :)

Actually Geoff, you have touched upon a subject close to my heart. I have had many moans not about any particular centre I don't think but the truth be told I only have experience of one. On one particular visit with a lot of dignatries, I was treated to a speech by one telling the assembled audience that good wasn't good enough and for our industry to thrive training had to be superb. It may well be unrealistic, I just don't know but simulation on a hobby horse doesn't do it for me to be honest and it certainly doesn't do it for the boy's coming back. The advanced is also very much on the week side, the simulated temporary roof is no more than 2 independents with beams slung across, what that teaches guy's about erecting roofs is beyond me especially with all the pressure on employers to make sure all the men are trained in things like sg4:10. I'm honestly not having a dig, you are obviously a trainer, if they would have me in a few years I truly would love to get into it especially as I see lots of ways to improve it.

As I said, I'm not having a dig but would love to hear more from the inside, I have lots of questions.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

And just for the record I want a genuine pass/fail.

Just wanted to bump this back up in case anyone wanted to comment.:idea:

You'll have to do about 3 of the 10 or so jobs that you had to do on your Advanced course, complete some paperwork and forms and shell out about another £500 for the 'privilege'.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy. :)

2 like I said in previous post Jason, Hanger and Dead shore, assessment will be done by George or Ron

Not from the 27th of feb things are about to change and not before time.

Not at the moment, lets just say the two names will not be taking any assessments from 27th feb. The big man coming to town with a BIG brush.

Fair enough, I hope it's a big brush.:idea:

Yes I have both drawings from Erith, could be 2 different jobs at a different training centre though. Pm me your email address and I'll scan and send them tomorrow.

all you have to do is the slung hanger and tempory roof,in ya gangs.and make it last the two days,nothing to worry about

No you don't deb, I just did my course at Erith. It's a hanger and a dead shore. I have the drawings here if anybody needs to get acquainted with them before the big 2 day assessment. It will be George or Ron that 'Assesses' you, but you won't fail unless you fall off the hanger :laugh:
Hi, VancouverLeedsLondonBoy
i've seen that you have some drawings for 2 days assessment. Could you pla sent them to me.

Hi lads hope all is well looking to book my 2day assessment for my advanced in erith just wondered if anyone has done it recently and what it actually involves thanks

I did mine in 2008 - with a great Instructor called Peter Watts (RIP).

You turn up and put about 3 jobs up. Ramp, Shoring, whatever and you then do a little test - which is a piece of piss.

Pay the painfully high £450 or what it is and you get your Gold Card come in the post about 2 weeks later.

The jobs your asked to do are ONLY the ones you did on your 2 week Advanced Course and they aint that bad.
In Erith, most of the Instructors are good as gold - Mark Blackburn and Alf McGowan are sound as a pound.
The others are OK too - but beware of Simon... he can be 'testing' ;)

Hardest thing about the course is the local pub... i swear that a pub in Afghanistan looks better, lol.

Top Bottom