Additional boarding.

I would charge the contractor plenty for extra boarded lifts and at least 50p a board hire per week plus the time to erect them and strike them and the transport cost , its all good when you are striking a job and you find your boards cut , notched, nails and screws hanging out of them used as profiles by brickies , ramps to skips , fu ck em make them pay at every opportunity ;).

What do you reckon phil,£2 a board up and down,if it involves 200 boards,thats only £400,plus labour and transport?

I would want more then that BF , i would buy 200 new boards get them delivered to site get the lads to board it out and charge them the cost of the new boards so about £1600 see how quick they change their mind then ;)

if you think 400 bang another 50 on it for the weekends tackle marra ;)

£50 for tackle marra,ffs,i wish lol,fuel,food,beer,bait,peg fees,ect,exspensive pastime is specimen hunting,i wouldn't mind but the little fella catches all the fish,lol,he had another sturgeon this weekend,100lb this time and a 26lb common carp,believe me,they are exceptional fish for uk waters,it's worth every penny spent though when you see the young un's beaming face;)

I would charge them time and transport BF as a minimum, not sure I would get away with making them pay for the new boards though Phil, might give it a shot next time.:idea:

Have you tried educating him BF? Maybe show him a copy of your TG:20 book and ask him to show you where it says fully boarded only?

The problem is, their obvious lack of understanding, and then they wonder why scaffold is so expensive.

My price per metre includes boarded or unboarded, the price is the same

You should charge more for a boarded rather than unboarded lift john,having said that,maybe in these ultra safety times,one fixed price is a good idea,but if you have to make provision to go back to a job and board out non working lifts then that has a clear cost implication,what price per board/m2?,i don't want to just make it up if theres a standard costing to this,come on SP and GM,spill the beans,lol.

I would charge between £3.60 and £6.00 per board Steve, depending on how many boards, how high we are going and how many week hire, and a lot more if i think we could get aeway with it

Top Bottom