Additional boarding.

bigfish

Reaction score
What are you lads charging for boarding non working lifts?,got a client who thinks that to conform with tg20 we should board out fully all non working lifts,i'm hoping he'll change his mind when he see's the cost implication,lol:unsure:

Hi steve long time no hear - dont know where he's got that interpretation of tg20 from. I know we had a similar thread a few wks ago my interpretation was that you couldnt have more than 2 brded platforms or it has to be desighned for the additional weight, but others leave 2 brd run down to assist with a fall rescue plan- if using the new tunneling safezone method than a minunmum if a single fleet with a ladder for u 2 get onti the nxt lift would need to be left down- i dont know about u but the additional stock required for the single h/r & now brds is costing us loads

Do you mean the advanced sliding handrail method John?

I'm not sure swifty, I seen the word NEW and presumed that something new was out, haha

You can have as many boarded platforms as you want on a scaffold, but only 2 are allowed to be used at any any time, 1 at 100% capacity and 1 and 50% capacity, unless desgned to use more that that.

Baz

Thats spot on correct codeye but we all know that if you leave a fully brded lift behind reguardless of sighnage some dicckead will use it also as the scaffold contractor your gonna lose money not only on the additional materials but also on trades using them freegratis without the need for the contractor paying us to do these as additional adaptions & alterations

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

Where can I read about the new tunnelling safezone?

Sg4:10 changed from the tunneling method everyone used earlier to the fullyboarded & single h/r

Last edited:
Yes,if its a fully boarded lift,some dikead will assume its a working platform.

My price per metre includes boarded or unboarded, the price is the same

Yea got it SP, I just got excited with the word NEW, thought I missed something

Last edited:
You can have as many boarded platforms as you want on a scaffold, but only 2 are allowed to be used at any any time, 1 at 100% capacity and 1 and 50% capacity, unless desgned to use more that that.

Baz

And who ever monitors that??

My price per metre includes boarded or unboarded, the price is the same

You should charge more for a boarded rather than unboarded lift john,having said that,maybe in these ultra safety times,one fixed price is a good idea,but if you have to make provision to go back to a job and board out non working lifts then that has a clear cost implication,what price per board/m2?,i don't want to just make it up if theres a standard costing to this,come on SP and GM,spill the beans,lol.

Just do your quote as normal but charge hire from day one on the extra boards.

Down to contractor , just make sure they are aware via your handover certificate, any collapse with be down to them

Try proving that in court dont forget ur guilty & av to prove your not - u leave em a working lift chances are they gonna use it but as for collapse thats down to u as the scaffolder to make sure its fit for purpose so the calcs for your independant need to provide leyway for the xtra brds

We also charge same rate for working or non-working lift. it takes just as long these days to erect a non-working lift as it does a working lift due to the amount of ties we have to put in, advanced guardrail etc

Was working for Lyndon fairly recently and one of the foremen was telling me of a case where they were fined thousands due to boards being left on a non-working lift. Some eejit jumped over the handrail to work in said area and had some sort of accident. It was ruled that they were liable as the area was fully boarded despite the fact that it was all completely handrailed off and no one should have been using it as a working lift.

We also charge same rate for working or non-working lift. it takes just as long these days to erect a non-working lift as it does a working lift due to the amount of ties we have to put in, advanced guardrail etc

Someone should be paying for those extra boards. They don't grow on trees!!:nuts::nuts:

Try proving that in court dont forget ur guilty & av to prove your not - u leave em a working lift chances are they gonna use it but as for collapse thats down to u as the scaffolder to make sure its fit for purpose so the calcs for your independant need to provide leyway for the xtra brds
. Nope , once the scaffold has been handed over to the user via handover certificate the user takes ownership of said scaffold and accepts responsibility for the structure. If the scaffold inspections are being carried out by the scaffold company then a new handover should be supplied every 7 days. Why do you think NASC are so big on handovers??????Your handover is your proof in court

I would charge the contractor plenty for extra boarded lifts and at least 50p a board hire per week plus the time to erect them and strike them and the transport cost , its all good when you are striking a job and you find your boards cut , notched, nails and screws hanging out of them used as profiles by brickies , ramps to skips , fu ck em make them pay at every opportunity ;).

Totally Agree With Phil There, Sod Them Im Hacked Off Getting Boards Back, Cut, Screwed Together, Used As Ramps By Skip Lorries No Make The Tossers Pay For Them.

Top Bottom