accident today

Not supposed to damage the integrity of boards by screwing or nailing Sp. So I was told on scaff inspection course.

Theres a lot of things according to everyone else who doesnt actually do the job that we're not surposed to do ...but often common sense & experiance should be allowed.

Yur right of course sp,some people have to justify their employment by making uncalled for changes, fixing what aint broke. seems its all turning round a bit. I.d fire screws into bds if it makes job safer.

Almost all sites accept lapped boards with beveled battens. I don't see a problem with lapped boards although many do.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

By lapped I mean bridged.

Yur right of course sp,some people have to justify their employment by making uncalled for changes, fixing what aint broke. seems its all turning round a bit. I.d fire screws into bds if it makes job safer.

Strangely enough the reason we scew them down now as a matter of sop is quite a while ago a hoddy kicked a short lap brd turning it into a trap which he then decided on his return trip to promptly fall down - complete with a hod of bricks :notrust: -thankfully his pride was hurt more than himself but i thought that how badly it could have gone wrong. So all our vechiles have a impact driver & 60mm screws in it along with a recip saw & being makitas the batts interchange with the IWs

Personally i havent got a problem with lapped brds & we often do it but screw them down. Unless otherwise asked by the MC will cont to do so -its a total waste of time & resources when you consider the returns have to be lapped - personnally think its just overzelous h&s freeks trying to justify there positions.

For what it's worth it is in your guidance TG20:08

Top Bottom