AAArrghhhh

Mc

Reaction score
Just had to get this of my chest

you know when you work with someone who feels the need to tell you how to do your job and they don't really have a clue then spit the dummy out when you ignore them.

1) raker has to be touching the floor to work
2) bolt has to be on the inside on rakers
3) loading bay sleeves not staggered

and so on how do these people keep getting jobs and why do i always end up working with them

Last edited:

you know when you work with someone who feels the need to tell you how to do your job and they don't really have a clue then spit the dummy out when you ignore them.

and so on how do these people keep getting jobs and why do i always end up working with them

I think its the same everywhere mate.
The standard of Scaffolders atm, is extremely low. Im not saying im a Super-Scaff, but i know how to do my job and all i seem to do is spend half my working days putting other peoples fukk ups right...

Theres so many i work with who:
  • Aint got the right tools (always poncing mine and then say to me: "Why do you have so many tools on your belt?")
  • Turn up when they want.
  • Go home when they want.
  • Slip off, just when your in the middle of something tricky to: "Have a fag".
  • Put tubes in where they want and dont measure nothing - even though your working to a Drawing... :mad:
  • Leave things out like braces and leave fittings loose and then wonder why their jobs are wobbling all over the place.
I could go on and on.

So many decent blokes in Scaffolding, but also so many w@nkers in the game.

I think your just like me mate - Unlucky to get stuck working with a tosser, most of the time, lol.

I think its the same everywhere mate.
The standard of Scaffolders atm, is extremely low. Im not saying im a Super-Scaff, but i know how to do my job and all i seem to do is spend half my working days putting other peoples fukk ups right...

Theres so many i work with who:
  • Aint got the right tools (always poncing mine and then say to me: "Why do you have so many tools on your belt?")
  • Turn up when they want.
  • Go home when they want.
  • Slip off, just when your in the middle of something tricky to: "Have a fag".
  • Put tubes in where they want and dont measure nothing - even though your working to a Drawing... :mad:
  • Leave things out like braces and leave fittings loose and then wonder why their jobs are wobbling all over the place.
I could go on and on.

So many decent blokes in Scaffolding, but also so many w@nkers in the game.

I think your just like me mate - Unlucky to get stuck working with a tosser, most of the time, lol.

Thats me 'Sussed then' "TAXI.............:eek:

Me too Paddy, I don't know why but I hate it when I see someone measuring tranny spacings.

wait till your a manager and most of them are like that, not just the pr1ck you work with, all scaffolders are fukcing w@nkers:D

Phew, for a minute there I thought he was a brickie.:sad2:

Nah AOM m8, he is a scaff, however, i know he feels inadequite in that sector, as he is a SMB, trying to shift the goalposts to say he is a Geordie. Never in a month of Sundays though.;)

That's a low blow boys, don't know how you sleep at night.:laugh:

Me too Paddy, I don't know why but I hate it when I see someone measuring tranny spacings.

Also my pet hate ..... especially as we put 5 trannies per board - i`ve seen them measuring exactly 1.2m from previous transom and then having a 0.3m gap to the end transom , why the feck can`t they get it in their heads to use their eyes and split the difference ?

Also had advanced scaff ask what " Kentledge " is :eek:

wait till your a manager and most of them are like that, not just the pr1ck you work with, all scaffolders are fukcing w@nkers:D

When you move over to the other side [go in the office] the scaffs you have worked with for years suddenly wake up and think you have never done it before and they can pxss on you from a great height, they come out with every excuse in the book and think you have never heard them nevermind fxxking used them yourself :weird::weird:

When you move over to the other side [go in the office] the scaffs you have worked with for years suddenly wake up and think you have never done it before and they can pxss on you from a great height, they come out with every excuse in the book and think you have never heard them nevermind fxxking used them yourself :weird::weird:

Hmmm?

Is that the same how as soon as ex-Scaffolders become 'so-called' managers that their ability and skill with a spanner increases by 10?

Ive actually worked with blokes who, when on the tools literally could not even tie a ladder off, let alone put up a half sensible Scaffold, who once sell their soul and go over to the dark side and become Scaffolding Supervisors - are the absolute pinacle of Scaffolding and used to throw up huge lumps, base out nigh-on impossible jobs and were super-human strong... :suspicious:

Then they expect you to work 10 times harder then you did, just because they are so desperate to look good and get out of grafting for a living again. :mad:

As you can see, im very much a Scaffolders - Scaffolder.
And most 'managers' dont appreciate my attitude, either, lol.

Hmmm?

Is that the same how as soon as ex-Scaffolders become 'so-called' managers that their ability and skill with a spanner increases by 10?

Ive actually worked with blokes who, when on the tools literally could not even tie a ladder off, let alone put up a half sensible Scaffold, who once sell their soul and go over to the dark side and become Scaffolding Supervisors - are the absolute pinacle of Scaffolding and used to throw up huge lumps, base out nigh-on impossible jobs and were super-human strong... :suspicious:

Then they expect you to work 10 times harder then you did, just because they are so desperate to look good and get out of grafting for a living again. :mad:

I have to agree with a lot of your thread about supervisors/managers who are a legend in their own mind, and really are useless fxxkers by heart, but we are not all tarred by the same brush. I was a good scaffolder and am a fair manager, i would not a do not expect any of my lads to do something i could not do when i was in my prime, the other Sunday in Leeds City Centre i went out to see some of the lads and ended up labouring on them and loading the wagon

As you can see im very much a scaffolders manager
and most senior managaers/directors dont appreciate my attitude either:eek::eek:

Hmmm?

yep thats me to a T,
i can also cut the mustard with the attitude as long as you know what your doing;)

Or the w*nker that swings on the spanner to tighten the fittings so much theyre fukkin welded together, then walks round the job thinking he's He-man!!!

Top Bottom