A Very Basic Question (Sorry)

Excuse me for seeming thick, but how is the scaffold still standing up if there are no fastened transomes holding the standards together

They could of nailed wooden aberdeens underneath... job done :nuts:

Here's the piccy I promised. Maybe it'll help tif I've named things wrong - i did say I wasn't a scaffolder and all my nomenclature comes from Wikipedia

Attachments

• Scaffphoto.jpg
    Scaffphoto.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 74
Here's the piccy I promised. Maybe it'll help tif I've named things wrong - i did say I wasn't a scaffolder and all my nomenclature comes from Wikipedia

Have you paid the clown for this? if you have, you've been well ripped off mate, if not PAY nothing.What a mess, I would ask him if he has ever thought about taking up farming,because I would stick my size 11 boot right between the c*nts legs and give him 2 acres as a starting point.:bigsmile:

What a mess, worse than i imagined, dont pay a penny for it tell the cowboy its for free unless he wants the HSE involved

I recognise these colours, where is the job? I think the company in question sold a fair tonnage of material off.

is it all timber transoms,or where there is lap boards to take the sting out of the said
lap boards?.

Oh dear !! What a complete and utter mess! I wonder if he has used these because of the lack of space, it looks a little restricted due to the Harris fencing maybe he couldn't make the job wider and ran of of short tube, either way it's no excuse.

I wonder if the wooden transoms have end bands Lol

its fine, absolutley no problem- thats a cuplock system being held together by the bay transoms below with handrail to stop the workers falling off restricted access to the sides mean the brds cant go anywhere ,hes proberbly going to screw the brds to the battons, this is common practice in most eastern european countrys, and lets face it its only for the roofers and they're two a penny so just pay up and shut up, hes done the job if you could do better you would have

Top Bottom