A change of tact.

got the kwikstage , the only other one id pay for is cuplock , the idea of paying money to use plettac or plus eight , no , no, never

they'll need to make the card a lot bigger if someone does all of them.

"A bridge to far"

tactical retreat, come back on another flank, with some other stupid inappropriate training/money making scam

Last edited:
Fook kwikstage layher/cuplock ticket all the way most firms that have system use either as for tap tap only phd to my knowledge

Does system not have their own training courses.??

They already run system only courses up here Fred, apparently there is a demand in the central belt for this but as far as I can make out even these boys must have their card endorsed by some sort of product course.

Scaffolding and Access - CITB

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Does this mean system will be able to run T&F courses??

If you have been trained in system only you will not be allowed to touch tube without going through another set of courses. Why they don't do tube is beyond me but I suppose its like passing your driving test in an automatic.

Are you saying system needs endorsing by cisrs now. And why? Im a cynic as others on here as to the need for all these courses

It's been that way for years now Fred, maybe 2006 or there about. We did ours in Glasgow which was the second course that was run up here. I spoke with the guys a month or two back and they told me that was the last course they ran. It appears most have decided to rubber ear this course and just do their own thing. We have never been asked for proof of system training.

Well..........Don't want to be the bearer of more bad news but I heard today that they have also updated the work at height regs to trained as opposed to competent. I think that's why they are trying to make these product courses more appetising.

last year kwikstage jobs were asking for the scaff to have kwikstage on the card , certain building companys seemed to be working in conjunction with the industry to make this happen , but it seems to have calmed down a bit , but there aren't many jobs either so its hard to tell.

I Get Asked For This Every Time I Start On A New Site, I Have Both Kwikstage And Cuplok On My Card. But I Did Parts One And Two In Tube. Its All About Training Nowadays, Not What You Can Do But Can You Prove You Are Trained?

I believe I am "competent" to wipe my own ar*e and wash my hands after.

Although my "training" was years ago, my mam made a great job of it, using the custom and practice of the time.Being of moderate intelligence with a normal memory I was able to assimilate and retain this knowledge for a life-time.

No further "training" was required every 5,3,1, years, but then again the NASC is not involved in sh1t training, then again..............:unsure:

Ha ha, funny and controversial as ever Rigger, you're sure to go to hell for that one. :laugh:

I believe I am "competent" to wipe my own ar*e and wash my hands after.

Although my "training" was years ago, my mam made a great job of it, using the custom and practice of the time.Being of moderate intelligence with a normal memory I was able to assimilate and retain this knowledge for a life-time.

No further "training" was required every 5,3,1, years, but then again the NASC is not involved in sh1t training, then again..............:unsure:

Thats made my day:laugh::laugh:

I learnt from scaffs I worked with, a load more from the forum.nothing better than that.

Has anyone heard of a system scaffolders card??? There is a ticket ( I'm sure ) that is all done in system there a route on the cisrs site. I'm the same as u ger and prob most other scaffs it says part 1 & 2 in tube on my card ( below the kelloggs lol)

Click the link on the first post Bobby, there is such a course.

Well infact I'm half sorry gents lol because the above link is only product training ie 2 day courses to add on the the tube and fitting but there is also part 1 and part 2 in system scaffolding to I've just checked the website ( sorry can't provide link ) its run the same way as tube ie 6 months gap from part 1 to part 2 and it says system scaffolder on the card and it actually says on the back part 1 ( cuplock ) etc :) have a look alistair in the general booklet after the advanced card I believe

Top Bottom