45° angle for a Staircase Stringer..?

how i do it is wait for it lol

hight to centre of ledger from floor,
from outside of standard measure the same distance out and mark it measue from this mark back to ledger.
this will give you the lenght of the stringers.

from there i i place my first step in at the top.so the back of the tread is flush with the outside board lower down if that makes sence

then from the floor make it a comftorbal step at the bottom and

messure centre bolt to center of bolt divide this by 320 this will give you the amount of steps. eg

2000mm between top tread and bottom tread
2000 / 320= 6.25 treads drop the .25
6 x 320 = 1920

2000- 1920 = 80mm diffrence

80mm/ the 6 steps = 13.3 call it 13mm 320 plus the 13mm = 333mm bolt to bolt centers 333 mm gives you a perfect stair case that just for 1 lifts stair cases.

for more than 1 lift follow the same prosess only put your first and top trea os its flush with last board.

dont ask my why i start with 320 first time i had done it it just worked out at 320 detween steps since then i sue that as a marker

Don't ask me to translate that anyone.....!!!:bigsmile:

Jesus I've got a migraine!!! Gonna go and have lie down in dark room!!!

All well and good measuring it out to suit the 1st lift but what if it is going up in bricklayers lifts on a building site where every lift height is different.
You know the good old raise the 2nd lift by 5ft but then were raise the 3rd just over a foot to suit floor height!

You end up with all sorts of funky angles on the stairs!
Personally don't think you can beat Haki stairs, tube and fitting ones are old hat now, and take twice as long, you wouldn't use steel unit beams on a small temporary roof these days would you:~))

Are the old wooden treads with the swivel adjuster for the angel of the stair still around?
Them things were a nightmare!
Everyone seems to use the metal ones fixed straight to doubles now on t+f stairs

Haki strs are ok if you can afford the couple of grand to buy em.....t&f although longer to erect have got to be the cheeper option.....i've still got about 150 of the wooden types although we rarely use them - although just b4 xmas they came in handy as i had to erect one in a restricted place which was too narror for the steel ones, easy to cut the length of the tredda down, impossible with the steel ones

fcukin hell marra. what is it. one day to work it out and half a day to erect it.

Top Bottom