3 scaffolders in a gang

Good point but there will be a few who disagree. I have always felt a descent rate beats a price but understand the carrot has got to be there on some jobs.

Good point but there will be a few who disagree. I have always felt a descent rate beats a price but understand the carrot has got to be there on some jobs.

Couldn't agree more. The only problem is that over time dead wood appears in the workforce as some get pretty lazy. I've never minded putting in a hard shift if I'm paid a decent rate. Some though, see it as a skiving opportunity

Unfortunately true. It's easy for our we firm to have an all for one attitude but god knows how the big boy's deal with it, top heavy with supervisors I suppose.

you could dangle gold bullion in front of me mate id never take a price on the step and would never impose men to it either,i use it day in day out actually quite used to it but as for target never,im not going to bore you mate and say how we used to do it slash it up and the like just not like that now these measures have killed the fun stone dead.

There will still be plenty of the young team more than happy to take the cash and I don't blame them. To be honest I feel the step is a short term solution to changing regulation and won't be with us for much longer as AGR technology improves and costs reduce. However, I also thought Davie Weir was going to lift the UEFA cup.:embarrest:

you could dangle gold bullion in front of me mate id never take a price on the step and would never impose men to it either,i use it day in day out actually quite used to it but as for target never,im not going to bore you mate and say how we used to do it slash it up and the like just not like that now these measures have killed the fun stone dead.

We were offered it as our branch took all our bonuses away leaving us all on a bare rate. Our 'supervisors' can't for the life of them understand it when I tell them you can't make money using the step. I was told " the subbies are doing alright" so I told him he should watch them working and see how rough they were, how messy they were and how many corners they cut. Didn't seem such a great idea then..........

lets hope your right about the step as for the second one i would love nothing more than to see rangers win another european honour the sport needs it.

There will still be plenty of the young team more than happy to take the cash and I don't blame them. To be honest I feel the step is a short term solution to changing regulation and won't be with us for much longer as AGR technology improves and costs reduce. However, I also thought Davie Weir was going to lift the UEFA cup.:embarrest:

......and I thought you were a sensible bloke too :laugh:

bundy your so right price with the step is unrealistic,you get people who talk yea we could do that make this............then they get up there and wooooossshhhhh REALISM hits.

bundy if i were you id jack and move on mate,i couldnt put up with some dumpling visiting me every other day spouting what he wants me to do,when i clearly know its unrealistic jack and move on lad.

bundy if i were you id jack and move on mate,i couldnt put up with some dumpling visiting me every other day spouting what he wants me to do,when i clearly know its unrealistic jack and move on lad.

I would mate but work is pretty thin on the ground right now, well full time work anyway. :sad:

I Dont Think That There Is Any Subbie Doin Alright With Interserve Cause They Treat You Like *****, Ive Said Once And At The Risk Of Repeating Myself Never Ever Again, This Here Subbie Is Not Now Or Ever Has Been Rough As Boars *****, When I Do A Job Its Done Right The Way I Was Taught, When I Strip A Job The Boards Are Banded And Its Stacked Neatly, As For The Gers I Would Love To See Them Do A Clean Sweep Aint Gonna Happen But Its Nice To Dream

i know mate i done it after 20 odd year at the start of a recession,belive me just not to listen to milkmen and taxi drivers try explain a job is great,idiots telling men targets were attainable the more gullible ones stayed and were rewarded with wages of 200-300 pounds a week move on better yourself,travel if you have to.

I Dont Think That There Is Any Subbie Doin Alright With Interserve Cause They Treat You Like *****, Ive Said Once And At The Risk Of Repeating Myself Never Ever Again, This Here Subbie Is Not Now Or Ever Has Been Rough As Boars *****, When I Do A Job Its Done Right The Way I Was Taught, When I Strip A Job The Boards Are Banded And Its Stacked Neatly, As For The Gers I Would Love To See Them Do A Clean Sweep Aint Gonna Happen But Its Nice To Dream

Nice to hear mate, you are one of a dying breed in that respect.

I think Rangers will struggle now mate. Celtic have built some momentum and once the injuries/suspensions kick in, Celtic's bigger squad might prove to be the difference.

dont look back in 15years and say i wish i had made the jump,go in tomorrow and lamp the supervisor with the step lol.

i know mate i done it after 20 odd year at the start of a recession,belive me just not to listen to milkmen and taxi drivers try explain a job is great,idiots telling men targets were attainable the more gullible ones stayed and were rewarded with wages of 200-300 pounds a week move on better yourself,travel if you have to.

Well that's near 20yr I've been scaffolding now CB and I was making more money years ago before all the new regs came in. Was quite happy just doing my foreman scaffolder job for a fair pay up till this recession and even more regulations kicked in.
If I wasn't a family man I would have bolted years ago pal :laugh:

Thats the problem, most young guys don't want to work hard!!

Those older guys who have been in the game for a while want out now!!

If the crack was not there when I started I don't think I would have stayed at it.

Never felt more unsafe now than ever & made more many on target 15 years ago than I will ever get the chance to now :sad:

id take a target everyday of the week but not under these conditions never,were now more inclined to look for a good day rate even if that means we have to stay longer than a half shift.

id take a target everyday of the week but not under these conditions never,were now more inclined to look for a good day rate even if that means we have to stay longer than a half shift.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: FFS mate, I can't remember the last time I done a half shift.

Top Bottom