2014 work outlook

dico

Reaction score
from what I hear 2014 should be a good year for scaffolders in the kent area not only as there been a lot of building work comeing up with new houses theres a new housing village going up in ashford a new morrisons in ashford. a new national grid sight ashford. kingsnorth power station being taken apart from top to bottom. new rubbish plant for rubbish Sittingbourne kent dungerness outage February. and if all the rumours are right the new theme park for paramount pictures at blue water kent been told ground work starting not sure who as contracts yet but 2014 kent looks good, any other works to add to the 2014 work outlook should be no exscuse for scaffolders to be out of work 2014 at kent hope the rates go up as well:laugh:

Were the same kev. Were fully booked up till may next yr and thats not including any other work we pick up in between. Our work force has increased by a third in the last 6 months, so it deos seem in certain areas of the uk the dark times are behind us.

Thats what we like a good positive outlook. I agree, thinks are steadily picking up. Lets hope its long continues.

I was talking to a scaffolding stockist the other day and he says the price of tube and fittings will rocket next year. With the Government trying to kick start the economy with loads of new builds there will be a shortage of gear especially second hand stuff and hire gear. He reckons new tube and fittings will be all that's available and the prices will be high!

Sales talk or some truth in it?

I was talking to a scaffolding stockist the other day and he says the price of tube and fittings will rocket next year. With the Government trying to kick start the economy with loads of new builds there will be a shortage of gear especially second hand stuff and hire gear. He reckons new tube and fittings will be all that's available and the prices will be high!

By the look of it, there will be a shortage of scaffolders as well. I reckon the manpower will consist of knackered old timers like myself on monstrous wages.

I bloody well hope so anyway!:nuts:

Then that should help to push up the prices Stone ;)

There is truth in it stone. We've got a major shortage of boards. Were waiting on a delivery of 3500 13ft boards our stockist cant get them in quick enough.
Anybody else having a shortage of kit.

we are the same down hear really busy the thing what p me off with some of the small builders and roofs we have looked after in bad times with good rates just so they get a job are stiill thinking they can phone you the day before to get a job done and when you tell them you can not get there for a week or two come out with well I will go else where.

with all this work coming off next year LOOKS LIKE WE WILL NEED ALL THE ROMANIANS AND BULGARIANS as the local workforce do not have the required SKILLS :eek:
that is the shiite we will be fed forget the wage rises as well:mad:

with all this work coming off next year LOOKS LIKE WE WILL NEED ALL THE ROMANIANS AND BULGARIANS as the local workforce do not have the required SKILLS :eek:
that is the shiite we will be fed forget the wage rises as well:mad:
I was thinking on the same line.
Looks like it will justify the excuse they will come out with that we need them.
WATCH THIS SPACE....:mad:

Out the door last year with work, looking good for next year to some big work starting over here.
Best of luck to everyone,employers and employees, its been a tough few years.

could the government not pushed through some of the building projects 3 years ago or is it all timed nicely for the new migrants
the big players in construction and engineering will have been ADVISING
JUST LIKE THEY DID WHEN POLAND LATVIA ETC ALL CAME IN;)

AS FOR THE RECESSION ANYONE WHO CAME OUT THE OTHER END ALIVE HAS DONE WELL AND I PRAY WE NEVER SEE ITS LIKES AGAIN

Bit Lost ere happy........ Just how many romanians/ Bulgarians are we talking about??? I'm just wondering whether or not it will make much difference to us because IMHO pretty much at least 50% on site or even walking down the road is foreign Anyway if not more

That's them Somali c**** den worse of the worse ugliest scum on the planet complete and total riff raff Id never associate with one absolutely disgusting way of living they are over aggressive have no manners stink to high heaven and even gob all over public streets and that's just the women could have a right rant about the blokes

how many more migrants/immigrants and assylum seekers can a wee island nation take
the country has now hit 63 million we are at bursting point and between the 2 countrys WHO ARE THE POOREST IN EUROPE i would hazard a guess at least 2 million will come here and utilise the system to which they are entitled.I dont blame the people i blame the SYSTEM THAT SHIITS ON ITS OWN TO MAKE THE RICH RICHER AND KEEP US DOWN.
WAGES WILL SLOW DOWN AGAIN THE MINUTE THEY ARRIVE CISRS WILL NO DOUBT RECOGNISE THEIR TRAINING AS THE BIGGER COMPANIES WHO LIKE TO USE AGENCIES WILL USE THEM INSTEAD OF TRAINING YOUNG GUNS AND ALSO TO KEEP THE WAGE DEMANDS DOWN:mad:

Top Bottom