Enable members to change user name

Thought it was just me,:eek: The forum obviously means different things to different people but for me it makes a refreshing change to let rip now and again. Obviously I will need to take my turn on the receiving end but that's life.

rules YOU SHALL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS a rest ma case never throw stones in glass houses.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

will you fcuk aom take a ripping from who?????u jesting mate your one of the best posters on the place informative and genuine and 100%SCAFF.

Oh dear. :(

I didn't see Allan's post, it's been edited, I am sure there was good reason.

It's a thankless task being a mod, and you all know XxIanxX well enough to know he was doing what he thought was best in Admin's weekend time off. Give him a break?

Tester - if I may interject, as a fellow sponsor and member of the forum - I'm the female element of BetterTAX, I'm the one who spends most of the time here, enjoying some banter and giving the guys in the office the heads up when an expert answer is needed. I read a lot of stuff here and I could so easily be offended, but, this is, as the guys say, a scaffolders forum, primarily for scaffs and they speak like they do. Surely you must come into everyday contact with guys like this or you wouldn't be sponsoring the forum? It's a bit like TV, watch the stuff you enjoy and don't watch the stuff you don't.

Now today's a new day :). I hope everyone is well. Gotta say, I love the name change, david, far better than the original name you had :D!

What a great little thread, first time Ive ever been involved in a forum of any sort. Having been shot down a few times for comments I have made, it made me consider any thoughts I have and respect for others comments. Some comments are based on emotion or hearsay,some on fact,whatever,you will be challenged by someone. Its an open forum,it has rules, you find your niche,and with posts made,there are certainly many out there I could share a joke and a pint with. I have nothing to hide, My name is Frederick. I have always been Frederick, can I now change it to Humpty Dumpty

Not everyone has the same sense of humour as allan and personally bad language doesn't offend me. But if another member complains and then abusive language is directed at him the situation will only escalate. The we're scaffolders we swear blah blah is not an excuse. Yes I know allan was having a laugh but that doesn't mean that Tester does. At the end of the day it was one post that was removed FFS your scaffs is it really that bad , its not as if anyones telling you you've put the scaffold up on the wrong house:D

rules YOU SHALL NOT POST ADVERTISEMENTS a rest ma case never throw stones in glass houses.

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

will you fcuk aom take a ripping from who?????u jesting mate your one of the best posters on the place informative and genuine and 100%SCAFF.

What about moderating the advertisers Ian?

aom I'm sure if one of your scaffolders had upset one of your customers you would do something about it. FFS grow up it was one post that was removed. Its not as if the post was informative. As I've said if you can do a better job its yours.

aom I'm sure if one of your scaffolders had upset one of your customers you would do something about it

That happens more often than you would imagine Ian, but as I tell the complainers you just have to roll with it some times. For me it's the slippery slope if we have to watch we don't upset the sponsors. If I were sponsoring this site I would be more annoyed that others can use it to advertise their wares without digging in their pockets.

Like Rosie says if you deal with scaffolders then you will be well aware that they tend to speak their mind and if you are that sensitive maybe a scaffolding forum is not the place for you.

aom I'm sure if one of your scaffolders had upset one of your customers you would do something about it

That happens more often than you would imagine Ian, but as I tell the complainers you just have to roll with it some times. For me it's the slippery slope if we have to watch we don't upset the sponsors. If I were sponsoring this site I would be more annoyed that others can use it to advertise their wares without digging in their pockets.

Send your complaints to SF Admin with the specific advertisers your talking about and i'm sure he will deal with it. I will refrain from moderating the site as obviously i'm making a balls up of it

---------- Post added at 11:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

Like Rosie says if you deal with scaffolders then you will be well aware that they tend to speak their mind and if you are that sensitive maybe a scaffolding forum is not the place for you.

. But there are rules in place phil, its not as if we enforce them to the letter( a bit like TG20):D. I only removed the post to prevent it escalating. But it seems to of done the opposite.

Dont get me wrong Ian of course you need to moderate otherwise you got chaos but surely
anyone that comes on here is aware of allans rants and either laughs or takes no notice.
RHL came on here and took the pi ss wholesale upset loads of lads and then LIED to make themselves look better and got kicked of by admin and they are still here advertising and not paying a penny for it, i think allans only guilty of speaking before he thinks sometimes .

Dont get me wrong Ian of course you need to moderate otherwise you got chaos but surely
anyone that comes on here is aware of allans rants and either laughs or takes no notice.
RHL came on here and took the pi ss wholesale upset loads of lads and then LIED to make themselves look better and got kicked of by admin and they are still here advertising and not paying a penny for it, i think allans only guilty of speaking before he thinks sometimes .

Personally I think allan as the dryest sense of humour on here. The thing is his post was directed at a member who had complained about the language used on here. Although I know the post was in jest theres no guarantee the member in question was going to see it that way so I thought it best be removed in case the other member complains. To be fair compared to other websites we all get away with quite a lot on here but some times you have to draw the line.FFS you know i'm up for a laugh:D but just consider that some people might not share a scaffs sense of humour.Also take into consideration that this is an open forum that anyone can view and that you might have your kids looking over your shoulder when your on here. Yes its called the scaffolders forum but that doesn't mean theres only scaffs looking on here.If anyone thinks this thread as been over moderated contact SF Admin who can make the decision on how we can improve moderators making decisions.

The sponsor who suggested people refrain from using bad language as its upsetting is not a regular contributor to debate on the forum, 17 posts since Jul 2010, and as far as I'm aware no bad language was directed against him in those 17 posts. I, like the vast majority of forum members welcome and thank him for his sponsorship as without the sponsors the forum could not continue in its present form, but equally without the audience IE.the members the sponsors would not be interested. It is a means and rightly so, for them to reach out to a bigger client base and is beneficial for all on the forum. Every person in all walks of life has particular views on a subject and is entitled to express them, but from a business point of view it's best to stand back and not criticise potential clients without compromising your principles.

Ive only been away a few days and all hell breaks loose .. I havent seen what was posted so i cannot really comment on this situation but Ive taken my fair share of S*** on here in the past and when the wolves are out ian the pack gets bigger. can i change my name to tourettes please.
But i do understand both sides of it. Id just sooner say move on . ADMIN I want TOURETTES please.

Last edited:
you havent answered aoms question why is there freeloading advertising allowed and on a very regular basis from non sponsers of the forum,ITS IN YOU RULES YOU ROLLED OUT SO READILY LAST NIGHT IAN?????????????

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

STEVE theres no pack of wolves.......ian has moderated a post and kindly reminded us all of the FORUM rules,that are being regularly infringed almost daily LETS NOT HAVE ONE RULE FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ANOTHER..................thats just not fair is it???????????????

you havent answered aoms question why is there freeloading advertising allowed and on a very regular basis from non sponsers of the forum,ITS IN YOU RULES YOU ROLLED OUT SO READILY LAST NIGHT IAN?????????????

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

STEVE theres no pack of wolves.......ian has moderated a post and kindly reminded us all of the FORUM rules,that are being regularly infringed almost daily LETS NOT HAVE ONE RULE FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ANOTHER..................thats just not fair is it???????????????

Fair play and Parity is all the working man wants? NO MORE & NO LESS:D

Top Bottom