YouTube stupidity

aussiebenji

Reaction score
Seriously guys in this day and age, where media can make or break people/companies people are still uploading videos like these.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljRzRYhl5HQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Scaffolding London - YouTube[/ame]
Notice standards to beam ratio plus the span

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqc5JoND1iw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Welcome To Sussex Scaffolding - YouTube[/ame]
Or these amazing jobs put up by Sussex scaffolding, my favorite is the beam over the conservatory with protection fan.

Just a few I found whilst researching Layher.

There is a also one instructional video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veF4uSUtrEY&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Scaffolding Training Video - made by www.sproutlabs.com.au - YouTube[/ame]

They actually Disabled comments after I left some.

ive said this in a previous thread,begging boards,sign written lorries its unbelievable these blokes are dropping themselves in it,**** me i aint perfect by any means of the imagination but even on a job i put up and checked,rechecked bells and whistles i still wouldnt film it for a laugh or an ego as theres always some carrot eating eagle eyed fuker who will spot something,im more than confident in the safety of my work but why give nasc evidence to justify there self serving ideas:mad:

sorry aom;)

and that idiot filming for scaffolding response,hard hats for a start,maybe ,,,please!

Last edited:
I’m a great believer make the job safe ,don’t over kill with loads of material a job don’t need, one thing that gets up my nose is a untidy job, like tubes sticking out at the end of a return, the job over the conservatory is defiantly a NO NO... Their job over the jetty looks fine from what I can see, most of Sussex work was on houses, they will get away with it more on that type of site..

HSWT i think in this day and age you are a nobody until you appear on youtube/facebook etc

GM has it right. These days it's as if everyone seems to want their 15 minutes of fame.
It could be that some people think it's free advertising as well

Last edited:
anonymity the new popularity,agreed if you have to shout about it your not all that and quite insecure in my eyes

lets be honnest there ante a lot wrong with the ssl video ive seen a lot lot worse apart from the ladder acess wheres theres no gates a little bit of branching out!!! were there short of boards. cant see a lot wrong think some people on here can be a little bit fussey theres shi! scaffolds being put up out there but think your barking up the wrong tree with this firm either that or youve got a grudge

its not the point mate,trying to help them,if anythings wrong on it all the hse has to do is sit at a laptop,mark down whats wrong,get there address cos its plastered all over the video
and either pay em a visit or if they ever do have one come down,turn up in court and use this video as a show of continued bad practise and not conforming to the standards
,not standing here saying we dont do the same,im standing here saying your tying the fukin noose around your own neck by doing this!
when are people going to realise if you put stuff up on the worldwide web,you open yourself up to scrutiny and ridicule from the whole fukin world,

it aint rocket science!;)

At the end of the day, it's lazy.
It's illegal and drags down the image of the trade.
No doubt this crew will train a future generation to erect poor scaffolding.
There is no excuse for extending two layher beams with tube.
I know in this day and age every ones out to earn a penny or two, but it's companies like this who flaunt the hse laws to squeeze that pay check. However that just makes it near impossible for the companies that want to do thing right and properly to ensure the safety of everyone.
Plan it right, build it right.
Have you watched the instructional video one?
Who are these retards?

Can you tell me what was wrong with the training video...the only thing I seen wrong was!

When I was using yellow jelly. You have to hold your standard plum and then bang down your pins on your transom; if you don’t it will be like a dog’s hind leg the whole way up.

The whole set up!!
Before pining your ring you need two points of contact on each side of the standard as it keeps it square.
Same principal as t&f.
As soon as you build your first bay put the bracing in.
Poorly explained, no safety gear.
Not building in 1m lifts
Tube hanging out
Not squaring off the return.
It's builders like this who get scaffolders in ****, just because they have a ticket they think there pro.
It's not shown in this video but please scope the YouTube users other videos!!!
Especially the butress!! FML if anyone attempt that around me I'd take my hammer, and let them cop a flogging!

The whole set up!!
Before pining your ring you need two points of contact on each side of the standard as it keeps it square.
Same principal as t&f.
As soon as you build your first bay put the bracing in.
Poorly explained, no safety gear.
Not building in 1m lifts
Tube hanging out
Not squaring off the return.
It's builders like this who get scaffolders in ****, just because they have a ticket they think there pro.
It's not shown in this video but please scope the YouTube users other videos!!!
Especially the butress!! FML if anyone attempt that around me I'd take my hammer, and let them cop a flogging!

The braces in yellow jelly do sweet fanny all and well you know it, the whole system should be banned, it’s nothing but cheap Indian scrap. I did mention how to plum the standards, the tube you are talking about was not a hazard...the video was basic...good for a building site Billy to learn how to erect this crap

Top Bottom