Yard workers

Reaction score
Consultant Scaffolding Manager AG&P Philippines
Anyone have an idea of how many tons of mixed materials an ENGLISH yard worker should be able to sort out and stack in an 8 hour shift?
We all know how much gear scaffolders handle in a shift but I want to compare what the yard workers here(who are ex MacDonalds etc) can do compared to UK. Here one yardie averages about 2 tons per shift which I consider F All whjen you consider they are on about 28 quid an hour.

Can I have a job in your yard please?

---------- Post added at 12:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:42 PM ----------

The trouble with them Yardies is their hair is too long and they smoke weed or crack all day.

I've never sheared a sheep but I live in Wales:laugh::laugh:

ive literaly just watched a 16 year old seperate and stack 6 mixed stillages of 16's down to 5's plus approx 80 mixed boards, ladders & gates, giving
150+ 5's, 120+ 8s, 50+ 10's, 50+ 13's and 50 x 16's all stacked in 50 and ready to band (probably take him an hour)
then its just the fittings to sort,
i would say that was about 4 ton and he didnt start till 9 as we were doing something else.

so sack the lazt tw@t and give me a start i'll stack gear for that:laugh:

and not a sheep in sight

Me and the missus will be in Perth in ten days shes lookin for work,cant be worse than what you have. Thats a joke

Our yard average daily turnover is 140t, obviously covering both deliveries and returns. Although the majority of loading is done by forklift in straight lifts, the returns regularly come back mixed to feck.

So five guys sorting through 70ton gives us 14ton per man..... We mainly work system scaffold which has to be easier when sorting through, but that tonnage now that I think about it is pretty impressive. Especially when its lashing down.

When av been in the yard i dont think of it as tons of tube i think as it of tons of weapons and think with every tube i pick up if he tries to push me on (already klilling ym sell) am gonna tw@t him with this and trust me av had a few tons of weapons go threw my hands lol

Two Tons Is Diddely Squat, 50 Kwikstage Boards Weigh A Ton, So Two Tons A Shift Whos Kidding Who, Definately Taking The P*ss Mate.

When I did my 6 months in the yard (all them years ago) before I got sent out on site for the first time, I can remember 3 of us loading 10 ton trailors for start-loads. We averaged between 2-3 per day easily enough and all hand-balled, including fittings. Nah. get shut of the idle turd.

I'd bend over and think of queen and country for 28 quid an hour, I'm a non celebrity get me over there

After reading this Thread ive been desperately Goooooooogling: Scaffolding Yard work in Australia!

£28 an hour, id even work with a *Welshman! :D
*Im actually 1/4 Welsh, so please dont get offended, lol.

Top Bottom