worst and best

THE PIKEY

Reaction score
:D whats the worst and best system scaffold youz scaffolding extrodanerz have used, and whats the way forward now, because the t n f is non exsistent on most projects now, costs too much and more time layher is the best system i have used but i feckin hate the boards (cheese graters) :laugh:

i've used cuplock before i dont like the banging. does my head in. it is fast granted. but i dont like the set sizes, makes it not useable for some jobs.

:D whats the worst and best system scaffold youz scaffolding extrodanerz have used, and whats the way forward now, because the t n f is non exsistent on most projects now, costs too much and more time layher is the best system i have used but i feckin hate the boards (cheese graters) :laugh:
Dogbones(Readylok)Best
Yeller Jelly(Kwikform) Worst

Was using cuplock on sgb for 4 years ur right bout the headache, but it's fast and u can do most things with it...the only thing I noticed was unless u can bomb ( which we obviously don't codone wink wink), then striking is not really any faster than erecting so if ur on price and ur striking rate is half the erecting, then it's a bit harsh...the cantilever brackets on cuplock are priceless when it comes to adaptions

you get dog bones with most systems now m8, the cuppys no bad, first system i worked with, deborhas r a big fan of layer, uesd it first in g/mouth, then the gannet, on the absorbers job, good system if you have all the components:blink1:

Used most systems over the years find Cuplok the most adabable. Have ledger sizes, 600mm, 800mm, 900mm, 1m, 1.3, 1.8, 2.5, 3m. the staircase towers are good, 4 leg, 8 leg. 10 leg. Have used it to put stairs in tank bunds where space is limited and you can put in a 900mm wide stairs onto 900mm wide towers continous to the ground. I bought a load of ledger blades and you can make up non standard ledger sizes to suit a particular problem on a job. Also find you can combine it well with T+F. The system I hate most is Kwikstage.

yeah brandy its not bad for that (cuplok) yella jellys got 2 b the worst ever man bloody hate it :sick:

Worst Ever Cuplock Best Ever Turner Plus Eight, Although I Do Like Kwikstage (On A Site Doing Kit Houses It Does What It Says On The Tin) Ive Done Most Things With Kiwikstage And Find It (If Used Properly) To Be A Good System .

Cuplok is the best I've used, Plus 8 is the worst by a country mile.
Currently using Kwikstage which is fine for most construction sites but limited sizes and lack of components hinder it.
Would love to try Layher as it looks an excellent system.

simalar to platac, and the system palmers use in syngenta, all round some would say:blink1:

Worst I have ever used is frame and brace over in Canada, this is a system that you tie (some) handrails on with wire bonding if you can't fit them on the handrail hooks. :laugh:

Used most systems over the years find Cuplok the most adabable. Have ledger sizes, 600mm, 800mm, 900mm, 1m, 1.3, 1.8, 2.5, 3m. the staircase towers are good, 4 leg, 8 leg. 10 leg. Have used it to put stairs in tank bunds where space is limited and you can put in a 900mm wide stairs onto 900mm wide towers continous to the ground. I bought a load of ledger blades and you can make up non standard ledger sizes to suit a particular problem on a job. Also find you can combine it well with T+F. The system I hate most is Kwikstage.
Have to agree with you there Brandy. Cuplock stair towers,the 10 leggers,a very nice piece of kit.

Played with a lot of system through the years, awkward, noisy and not adaptable used to be the complaints.

It's getting better now with Cuplok, Layer and the likes.

But if you are really interested in system scaffolding have a look at Alustar.

Designed by Norwegians, nice lift at 7ft and it's light as.

Costs about the same as layer original steel and it's ally.

Definitely the future of system, but they will never get rid of tube.

Top Bottom