worlds strongest scaffolder 2011

bolo

Reaction score
Is it me or have they modelled strongest man events around scaffolding?Sometimes it feels like it i know most of you will say people who carry alot are idiots but mostly a good bottom hand will earn you and your gang money so do you think they should be paid a little bit more than the going rate.Sorry boys just really like this forum and its only a bit of banter lol:)

nice to see someone starting new threads. but no i dont think so , we all had to do it so they can as well . bottom hands have it far too easy these days , most could do with a nice sgb drop forged across the head

I agree that a good labourer is worth his weight in Ale , but you try and find one these days they are rarer then hens teeth

hard to find these days as the boys say,in saying that could of done with one yesterday.

Bolo mate.

There was a thread a bout 10 months ago, about best one liners/put downs etc.

However, there is one that has stuck in my mind, from the day posted ( Cant remember the poster, but if you realy want to know i can trawl the threads):sick:

Anyway it went something like this mate:-

Gaffer:- Why do you only carry one board at a time, when those other Scaffs carry Two?

Scaff:- Because, those C*nts are too lazy to go back and carry another one mate:D

I truly believe, in working to a happy medium,for the furtherance of the pocket, Pricework, job and knock, however, for day works, i still stick to my beliefs, 'No cash no Dash' and that Spanish labourer is still in my squad, Manuel H Andling

nice to see someone starting new threads. but no i dont think so , we all had to do it so they can as well . bottom hands have it far too easy these days , most could do with a nice sgb drop forged across the head

Well thats a bit harsh but i know where ya coming from think most bottom hands on site got it easy but the ones working of a wagon doing 4 to 5 jobs a day need some gratatude think i spelt that wrong but hey im a scaff lol:cheesy:

hard to find these days as the boys say,in saying that could of done with one yesterday.
Are you welsh mate?

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Bolo mate.

There was a thread a bout 10 months ago, about best one liners/put downs etc.

However, there is one that has stuck in my mind, from the day posted ( Cant remember the poster, but if you realy want to know i can trawl the threads):sick:

Anyway it went something like this mate:-

Gaffer:- Why do you only carry one board at a time, when those other Scaffs carry Two?

Scaff:- Because, those C*nts are too lazy to go back and carry another one mate:D

I truly believe, in working to a happy medium,for the furtherance of the pocket, Pricework, job and knock, however, for day works, i still stick to my beliefs, 'No cash no Dash' and that Spanish labourer is still in my squad, Manuel H Andling

brilliant mate laughing my tits off while the baby is sleeping lol

yea mate my accent give it away did it born and bred in sunnyside govan cross,myself and my close neighbour rab C are true govan scum pleased to meet u bolo lad.

dragged up on buckfast mate?

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

i m back working off the wagon and i fooking love it . no drawings . no body thinking there better than me cos they got more tickets and having a laugh with my mates . the moneys sh!t but fu£k it im getting a tan this summer working in my flip flops

Wen I was on the rope n wheel the scaffs at top used to watch n shout down "I can do your job but u can't do mine" now the lazy tw@t labourers stand there lookin up waitin for someone to get hold ov top ov rope before they will start pullin.

I used to be on bottom of 100ft rope pullin 2 13ft boards up n cud see all the lads feet on toe board at top waitin for their gear! Character building stuff. Ha

Im workin wiv a Hungarian labourer next week, he's not the worlds strongest Scaffolder but he'l move gear all day and hes reliable

dragged up on buckfast mate?

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

i m back working off the wagon and i fooking love it . no drawings . no body thinking there better than me cos they got more tickets and having a laugh with my mates . the moneys sh!t but fu£k it im getting a tan this summer working in my flip flops

What no G String!!!:D

na mate no thong , i got a pair of speedos from my middlebrough mate but hes picked the S off .....................................................................................peedo

Old School sun & thongs, can't beat it. Especially with a cold can of strongbow :cool:

M.h.o.r.

Interesting thread lads,after reading the jokes about manuel labour(Spanish laborer) On a serious note, There is whole sections on manual handling operations regulations (MHOR) in the C.I.T.B. Construction site saftey vol 1 (ge 700) Its also part of induction. It occured to me this doesnt seem to apply to scaffs. I mean, How heavy is a 21? How heavy is a bag of fittings? What damage are you doing to yourself pulling loads up jenny wheels? Carrying tubes in bundles of 3s and5s. Hemping. Strains and sprains to muscles and joints,torn ligaments and tendons,disc problems and hernias. In a nutshell that is whole point of health and saftey at work. The knock on is loss of earnings through time off, cost to the country for hospital and care and long term damage to your bodies etc etc. I will have to do a bit of research lads.

Interesting thread lads,after reading the jokes about manuel labour(Spanish laborer) On a serious note, There is whole sections on manual handling operations regulations (MHOR) in the C.I.T.B. Construction site saftey vol 1 (ge 700) Its also part of induction. It occured to me this doesnt seem to apply to scaffs. I mean, How heavy is a 21? How heavy is a bag of fittings? What damage are you doing to yourself pulling loads up jenny wheels? Carrying tubes in bundles of 3s and5s. Hemping. Strains and sprains to muscles and joints,torn ligaments and tendons,disc problems and hernias. In a nutshell that is whole point of health and saftey at work. The knock on is loss of earnings through time off, cost to the country for hospital and care and long term damage to your bodies etc etc. I will have to do a bit of research lads.

Include the step up in your research!!

all the wear and tear is acceptable as the craic is good.were like gladiators,all working for others enjoyment and reward.then one day were not there.:D

You can throw in the bin most occupational health legislation when it comes to scaffolding, Manual handling thats just been mentioned. Ergonomics, minimising muscoskeletal disorders brought on by twisting, stretching and turning, especially now with the step ups. Stress from work loads. Violence, Alcohol and drug abuse. Forget it this is scaffolding:bigsmile:

Top Bottom