working for hertel

gazscaff

Reaction score
has anyone worked or is still working for hertel how do they treat there men can you let me know have had an offer but don't want to get out of the frying pan into the fire

ive been on for hertel for 3 years all be it in germany , gota say top draw money is good , always there , the training is good for the labour that is direct , we use a lot of subbies here, met the ceo global last week and was a sound guy with a priority for safety first . i aint gonna leave thats for sure ,

Don't think.that they are taking on scaffs at the min im goning into safety but want to work for a company that looks after the men unlike harsco who I work for at the min they say thers no money for training then someone turns up who's face fits and in 4 months he's bean on a supervisors course and an advanced inspectors course

Harsco are a very poor firm I have been with them over a year and find its as you say if the face fits

It's a bit crap realy I am now making moves to leav a job I have bean on for 19 years because of the company's attitude to safety and training I don't think it will be long before. There's a bad accident on ther simply because of the ratio of men they want to have a part 2 and two labourers in a gang and we all know that's going to lead to dangerous practices I have said my piece and bean frownd at It's just bolocks

Do you boys know of any firms that's taking on mates?

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

Do you lads no of any firms that's taking on any mates please?

There was a couple on the jobs section looking for labourers today.

Could u tell me how to get onto the jobs section please as I am new to this and aint got a clue how to work it haha

On the main page you will see it's divided into sections. The one you are in at the minute is for scaffold chat, about half way down you will see the job section, hit the heading and you are in. There is a new members section near the bottom to introduce yourself, welcome to the forum.

If you want a start with harsco I got the number of a good shrink you must be crazy but on a more serious note they only use agency now you would have to ring vital agency that's who they use and we got shutdowns coming up and remember take care of yourself because they won't

I just quit working for Hertel.Was forking in Netherlands,Oil&Gas Industry with them for about 5 years.Safety is Top,good money,nice people.
at the moment i'm looking for offshore job in NL,have all papers for it.

They are all the same. Some crap, some decent like.

Lots of factors that determin how well you do working for a company.
Depends on where you are working, where your from, who you know, who you dont, your abilities, your accent, your attitude and most importantly how much the gaffer likes you eh?

Nowt anyone can do, just gotta be prepared to take a chance.

Top Bottom