Working at height

rc22

Reaction score
I witnessed this today on a Kier site, i suppose its not in there red-tops otherwise the guy wouldn't be doing it, or is it okay as he's wearing a blue hi-vis and a wooly hat?

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 163
You should of stopped him and give a
S.U.S.A

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Health and safety as and when it suits i'm afraid, anyway who's susa?
He was ginger so i let him off with a warning!!

Last edited:
Health and safety as and when it suits i'm afraid, anyway who's susa?
He was ginger so i let him off with a warning!!

Safe And Unsafe Acts. It's one of Kier's methods of monitoring unsafe acts.

The blue apparently does not reach the relevant hi viz standard bs en 471 as I was told yesterday ...
He looks very similar to a chap that has been red carded on another site and a cursory reeducation has purportedly taken place BUT he continues to carry on in this manner Susa's all round

Susa is a safe unsafe act. They do a 1 day course and you get a little book and if you see somebody working safe you praise them have a little talk and write it down in the book and the same for an unsafe act and theres a box on site to put them in hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

siemens are worse its like being back at school yes sir no sir three bags full!!! yes safety does have to be put in place but come on some of these reaches have nothing else beter to do than grass the scaffolders up

Every other trade on site get away with murder,but god help the scaff who lift's his hard hat to cool his sweating brow,in fact just do away with h&s for the rest and just enforce every daft stupid flippant rule you can think up on the scaffs,dont worry,we dont mind:mad::mad::mad:

The SUSA sounds very similar to the STOP system used off shore a few years back. Basically it was a grass's charter to sell your mates for a new furry hat liner or a £5 gift voucher from Argos.

I'm not bitter but do remember a painting foreman writing one out for me because I took my glasses off when I was blinded with sweat. I can still see the smarmy look on his face as the card was read out at the next meeting. He did however have a different look on his face when he nearly killed 4 of us by storming about and attaching a line to the winch that was lying under loose tubes and pulled on it which sent the gear flying down the hatch about 40 foot or more where we were working, how it missed us all is still a mystery. All of a sudden, filling out these cards was not so important, he could not care less about nearly killing someone, all he cared about was we never filled in one.

Every project and contractor seem to have their own versions.
In Australia I had to attend a weekly walk round with the project director and various area superintendents etc. This involved stopping workers who were carrying out there jobs safely and patting them on the back before they were given a cheap prize like a ballpen. I found it extremely patronizing especially when the guys were all on $50+ an hour.

some of these contractors are reachees. even some of the safety officers will cut you some slack!!! our firm stops our bonus if we dont put observations in every month!! but were never ever grass a fellow contractor or the client up we just throw something sensible in so nobody gets there job put at risk. put your phone cameras away or take some pictures off the bird in the canteen not your work mates.or do some work lol!!!

ON THE CHP PLANT THE LADS WERE AL GIVEN NEW JACKETS HATS ETC WITH 100,000 SAFE HOURS WORKED THE THEN REACHED 200,000 OR 250,000 AND WERE REVARDED WITH WAIT FOR IT .......... A LOCAL BUTCHERS PIE :laugh:, YAN LAD LET THEM GIVE IT ALL THE SPEAL ABOUT HOW GOOD YOU HAVE BENE AT REACHING X TARGET ANDF WHAT HAVE YOU AND THEN SAID URM CAN I SAY SOMETHING HIS REPLY WAS'' HOW COES WERE EVEN GETTING THESE PIES WE HAVENT WORKED 200,000 HOURS SAFELY YOUVE GOT SUTCH AND SUTCH COMING ON TO SITE EVERY MORNING LEAVING AT 2 HOURS L8R AND PAYING HIM 12'S WHEN HE HAD BROKEN HIS HSND LAST WEEK AND SO HSE DONT GET5 INVPLVED YOU HAVE GOT HIM COMING IN '' HE WAS SUSPENDED THE NEXT DAY AND LIES MADE UP OUT HIM IN THE MEETING BUT THE OTHER DO GOODERS

It's all about the figures marra when you run a system like that.

ON THE CHP PLANT THE LADS WERE AL GIVEN NEW JACKETS HATS ETC WITH 100,000 SAFE HOURS WORKED THE THEN REACHED 200,000 OR 250,000 AND WERE REVARDED WITH WAIT FOR IT .......... A LOCAL BUTCHERS PIE :laugh:, YAN LAD LET THEM GIVE IT ALL THE SPEAL ABOUT HOW GOOD YOU HAVE BENE AT REACHING X TARGET ANDF WHAT HAVE YOU AND THEN SAID URM CAN I SAY SOMETHING HIS REPLY WAS'' HOW COES WERE EVEN GETTING THESE PIES WE HAVENT WORKED 200,000 HOURS SAFELY YOUVE GOT SUTCH AND SUTCH COMING ON TO SITE EVERY MORNING LEAVING AT 2 HOURS L8R AND PAYING HIM 12'S WHEN HE HAD BROKEN HIS HSND LAST WEEK AND SO HSE DONT GET5 INVPLVED YOU HAVE GOT HIM COMING IN '' HE WAS SUSPENDED THE NEXT DAY AND LIES MADE UP OUT HIM IN THE MEETING BUT THE OTHER DO GOODERS

Its a joke. The figures here say 35 million man hours without a LTI. ********.

Those sort of figures for LTI probably a Capes site, just brush it under the carpet and all is forgotten lol!

Top Bottom