work

micky

Reaction score
alright lads been scaffolding quite a few years and noticed in the last few years that them famous phrases aint no money on the job! and its got to be up yesterday!are back with a vengeance. is it just me or is anybody else getting this as well? the time scale to get these jobs up is sometimes ridiculous especially with the hse rules now set in place. gotta be honest really starting to p##s me off!:mad:

Until someone gets killed and its directly attributed to ridiculous timescales in turn down the foodchain lads taking risks just to make ends meet,nothing will change mate,Thatcher made it impossible for blokes to bind together and to be honest this countries to weak to standup to anyone in power,I'm back out of here asap to another country mate,its a lost cause full of shallow people,,,,,on a happy note take me outs on ;)

Its pissing everyone off micky, you start a project and they send back the rams 3 times for pathetic reasons, send back the designs for pathetic reasons. They then change the goal posts that were agreed at the pre-site meeting, throw in their own rules that are far higher than standard legislation that wasnt mentioned before. Then tell you youre 2 weeks behind because all the delays are youre fault. So what do you have to do to catch up to their programme, exactly what health and safety states you shouldnt -cut corners. Totally agree with joe, until this madness finally kills someone it will only get worse,

Not sure if it's all about profit all the time HSWT, not in my world anyway. I'm more with Poledancer, they want the price yesterday then they sit on it for weeks then move the goal posts then want the job up again yesterday despite no labour to go on it then they moan at the hire charge despite you putting it up to their time scale. I have had these phrases all my life as well but the PC is the driving force behind it.

I got into safety at first to defend the scaffold company i was working for against the many frightened jobsworths clients we worked for, but it wasnt long before i realised it didnt matter what knowledge i gained, how distant from legislation they was or how many times i banged my fist down across the table. If they tell youve got to wear a yellow hat and pink braces on their site, thats it end of. Its them that are sending many companies under and them that are strangling the life out of the remaining survivers, and unfortunately making life for the scaffolder unbearable. And when you hear the phrase theres no more do on the job, youre boss 95% of the time aint lying. But having work from these cutthroats with little profit is better than having none, and the scaffolder will have to put up with these familliar expressions until tide of work comes flooding back in, and we can choose our clients as we wish.

Its pissing everyone off micky, you start a project and they send back the rams 3 times for pathetic reasons, send back the designs for pathetic reasons. They then change the goal posts that were agreed at the pre-site meeting, throw in their own rules that are far higher than standard legislation that wasnt mentioned before. Then tell you youre 2 weeks behind because all the delays are youre fault. So what do you have to do to catch up to their programme, exactly what health and safety states you shouldnt -cut corners. Totally agree with joe, until this madness finally kills someone it will only get worse,
agree with you mate, have written a few RAMS for my old boss, and its a real pain when they pick up on the smallest detail or even change the spec so you have to revisit it... you cant just get on with your job. there is always some document, legislation or a$$ho|€. who you gotta satisfy first...

Top Bottom