work do!!

clarkey

Reaction score
as the years have gone on the crack has slightly gone out the window. racing on a Saturday to see who could get to the pub first & leave last or racing across town first thing in the morning in the lorries to get to the cafe to get on the best poker machine or nudger!!lol
what im getting at is as the years have gone on are christmas works do have slowly amounted to nothing, use to start at 8 in the cafe and go right through the day fighting with each other by 6 (over a bad game of cards) kissing and cuddling by the next pub.

so do you still get a good works do?

No what you mean our lad the crack has gone it's all about how much you got paid why you not paying a much tax as me and all that shiit.
Never worked the street for a very long time and don't think I could now I am getting old haha.
Even the black eye Friday days are finished company's still think putting £200 behind the bar is a good show for the lads at the cost of living it needs to around the £2000 Mark for a good drink like you used to get

No what you mean our lad the crack has gone it's all about how much you got paid why you not paying a much tax as me and all that shiit.
Never worked the street for a very long time and don't think I could now I am getting old haha.
Even the black eye Friday days are finished company's still think putting £200 behind the bar is a good show for the lads at the cost of living it needs to around the £2000 Mark for a good drink like you used to get

maybe we just have to realize that things move on and it aint how it use to be:sad2:

I personally dont bother with works do's anymore, not for a few years.
I have friends and i have work mates and thats EXACTLY how i like to keep it.

Ive seen/heard many a fight kicking off at work do's when i was younger, over nothing and all it did was cause shiit between everyone afterwards.

Times change, Life Goes on There are no longer anymore characters in game, not many in life no more really, the pub culture has gone, and along with it everything else has gone too.

We were putting safety nets up on the new northern rock complex gosforth a few year ago, it was the monday after black eye friday I think, Def the nxt working day anyway and half the scaffs turned up with panda eyes haha Think the other half were still in bed :laugh:

The problem is, is that if you was to go and have a swift half at lunch time in a pub round the corner, you would if seen almost certainly be grassed up and more then likely it would be another Scaffolder who did it.

Life in this game is hard enough atm, with cuts, job losses and shiite wages, but its also cut throat, with other Scaffolders willing to do ANYTHING to stay in work. - If that means getting you sacked to give themselves less competition to worry about, then they'll do it. :suspicious:

Id rather not go drinking with scum like that, anyway.

we generally have a scaffolders ball in glasgow but due to the fact that guys are working all over the country and elsewhere not everyone can make it but we have had a few crackers.
i always find the pay off partys a good yeehaa

Think about the poor ugly birds in the offices.If their is no works do,how are they gonna get a shagging.

still get a free all dayer over here,with an argentinian barbie chucked in..and a taxi home!! nice on the beach at xmas..lol

Dont say that!!!
Makes me wanna move to Spain to work, lol.

Our do's can vary wildly depending on the time of year and what's on. Summer time has meant paint balling, golf day's and go karting in the past but Christmas usually means cleaning the yard and trucks, breakfast somewhere then the real battle begins trying to keep them out the pub the right side of mid-day when it all turns to carnage very very quickly. Usually home bladdered before Blue Peter is finished.:embarrest:

Top Bottom