work busy or not?

steve198622

Reaction score
i don't no about anyone else but the company i'm workin for seem to be buyin new gear left right n centre like, as soon as it comes in goin straight out, not that i'm complaining lol.. is it like this up n down the country or not.. we got work planned up until mid november n still keep gettin jobs in...

i don't no about anyone else but the company i'm workin for seem to be buyin new gear left right n centre like, as soon as it comes in goin straight out, not that i'm complaining lol.. is it like this up n down the country or not.. we got work planned up until mid november n still keep gettin jobs in...

The firm my son works for has a full order book until May 2012, I dont know wether its cheap pricing or good service LOL :amazed::amazed:

Ive got overtime and weekends coming out my ears atm.
Earning well... And all whilst doing as little physical work as possible.

Ok i lie.
I did a toeboard up, or should i say i did: 1 clip up on Thursday afternoon. ;)

And long may the work continue to flow in, especially upto and after Christmas. :)

Ive got overtime and weekends coming out my ears atm.
Earning well... And all whilst doing as little physical work as possible.

Ok i lie.
I did a toeboard up, or should i say i did: 1 clip up on Thursday afternoon. ;)

And long may the work continue to flow in, especially upto and after Christmas. :)

Slow down Jay you will get a Hernia :D:D

Very busy down here too , running out of kit rapidly ( small local firm ) and a few mates also with small companies are in the same boat .

Plenty booked in for erect , but , nothing big ready to come down for a while.

cant complain up at my end got as much work as i want , im not buying kit unless its cheap so we doing our 8hrs a day 5 days a week and we happy, only doing work that comes our way, havnt chased anyone for work for over 18 months, dont intend chasing any work till this recession thing is fully sorted out .

Busy in my wee area but every time I call Glasgow they have run out of gear. They say they are busy but I reckon they are just not over stocking either, if they struggle to keep me going with material there is something wrong.

Never ever been able to say we have work until months ahead because it's smaller jobs we usually have to erect it pretty quick but the yard is empty the first load of hired gear in around 18 months hit the yard on Friday and speed of dismantle is dictating speed of erection. Always felt scaffold companies are a bit of a house on sand as work dries up very quickly but all in all if we get the year out at this rate we will be happy. There is still a steady stream of enquiries coming in and there is usually a rush on roof work just before the worst of winter sets in. Fingers crossed, touch wood and all that.

Newbuild sh1t, not out of the Doom and gloom yet, be careful out there guys, European Union and the unstable demise attachment, not to be foresaken, stay within your means guys, and stay sharp,

regards
Paddy P.S AOM and phillious, are the guys to ask for advice if needed.

we are very busy at min and have been for a few months, the yard is empty and we have been buying gear for a while now, and we have still got loads of work comeing in, we have got a load of gear comeing tomorrow and we have had to turn some work down i would like to thick this will keep up, we have been out working to day and i see 3 other firms out working, i just hope it do not die off and we end up with a yard full of gear and no money in the bank cause we have spend it all on gear, you can not go pay for your shopping with a few long or some fittings, then again we can not have it both ways lol

It's a tough balance b-safe, we started buying a while back but after a bit decided to go down the hire route just as a bit of insurance to make sure the yard isn't overflowing come Christmas.

It's a tough balance b-safe, we started buying a while back but after a bit decided to go down the hire route just as a bit of insurance to make sure the yard isn't overflowing come Christmas.

we have a bit on hire was all on 1 big job got striped now it must be on about 10 jobs now, take for ever to get it all back and sort it out night mare mate.

we have a bit on hire was all on 1 big job got striped now it must be on about 10 jobs now, take for ever to get it all back and sort it out night mare mate.

Agreed got some gear from Trad last August and even though we have all the return tickets they are still trying to charge for it.

You both have just reminded me why I stopped hiring and started buying.:(

Top Bottom