wondering if any part 2's or advanced lads can help...............

lincolnlad

Reaction score
im going on my part 2 in 3 weeks and was just wondering if any of you have done it recently and what to expect practical wise. and whilst im here does anyone know any decent sites or anything so i can brush up on the theory side as i lost my part 1 folder last year?

any help would be appreciated

when did you do your part1 and where?
Have you since contacted the centre where you did your part 1 to get another folder (cost could apply)?

decent sites that may help " Your ON IT"

anything else i can help you with?

i did it at safety and acces a bullwell about a year n half ago and im doing my part 2 at immingham. i was gunna give them a bell if all else fails. i might just have a browse on google and there will be bits and bobs on there.

I'm way too busy Ian, your gunna have to do it. Ring Sarah Cockell at S&A.

If ya get John Ellis for your course ask him if its true he's a Smoggie really. You'll get 100% then. Wink wink.

course content changes from time to time but i dooooo believe the first scaffold you will do will be an assessment of a 13 ft one lift independent.. if you have two arms, two legs and a spanner, then its a pass already.. part 2 was my fave course.. I did my advanced a short while a go and it bord me to tears.. and was easyyyy..

Did you mean you lost your scaffold part one notes or your nvq folder.. if you have lost your nvq folder dont worry as it has changed again and you no longer have to take photos of yourself getting it on with scaffolds.

Last edited:
I did a 8 x 8 tower on my own to sign your part 1 off, and then covered all these jobs.
http://www.safetyaccess.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/CISRS-Part-2-TF-May2010.pdf

I did mine at Simians but it was easier copying this from Safety and Access site. All the same format. On my 1 day assessment, did the roof saddle. Best laugh we had was watching one gang do the splay at one end of one of the towers it was 4 boards wide and at the other end was 5 boards wide.
One of the guys in that gang is a member on here, but I will not mention his name. Pmsl

Last edited:
Nah not Dico, he's done worse than that. Lol. How's it going Dico, lose 1 Labourer and 3 scaffs on Thursday, they start with kitsons on Monday on the turbine hall, so got to put the spanners back on, oh well gonna have the admin girl out on site labouring for us.:love:

leave the women alone animal!! it always ends in a mess lol!!!!

Nothin personal mate ha ha
Must have been matt the dog them

Done my part 2 at bulwell the end of last year. Nothing to worry about its very similar to the part 1. They walk you through the jobs, this is a training course at the end of the day. Most of the questions are from the part 1 course & the rest are drilled into you during the 2 weeks. As long as you pay a bit of attention & do a bit of revision before the final test you'll pi ss it mate.
I'd heard john was a smoggie too. Be worth your while mentioning this to him if he's your instructor. ;)

Top Bottom