Wire Lashings

Doddle

Reaction score
Guys, what sizes in length do wire lashings come in nowadays also what thickness is the norm now 4mm or ? And is there a BS EN number to comply with. I cant find nowt on em. Last used them offshore in 1996.

Me too but it was 2000 the last time I was on a rig. Not sure about thickness but the length was always 18 foot. I can't remember much but for some reason that has stuck. That's the extent of my knowledge I'm afraid.

Doodle we always used 8 foot wire bonds which i remember where 6mm thick with a thimble eye at one end , we always used them for ties but where stopped a few years ago as we couldn't prove their load capacity , Gilrays stock them

Philomaximus, nice one i did think same. Im trying to get a handle on BSEN standards and specs for them cant seem to find a number, maybe there aint one. Need them for tieing the boards down, two to a board and lashing the ladders three times top, middle and bottom. Oil giant client request just like being offshore again !!! lol.

Try googling chester chain,they test and cert all their own products,including the wire in inertias,once you've got your load capacity and cert.you can then put them in your rams,hope this helps:idea:

When I first started that was our tie, Wire lashing round the drain pipe.

But then they were always cast iron drain pipes with 9 inch bolts!!

Ragscaff

Top Bottom