Winded off!

Normally only on a monday after a weekend of beer & curry ;)

Not Today John, Did Yesterday Though It Was Blowing A Hooly Here Mate.

The HSE should really stop people working at height when the wind speed reaches about 30/35 knots.

bleeding hell hswt.if the HSE were to implement all seasons weather we would not get any work completed m8.To hot to work+To cold to work+To rainy +To windy sometimes we have to make good in the situation we are in as long as we do it in a safe manner and obey all rules and regs.

I would agree with that John. Risk assess everything and you shouldn't go too far wrong. We have been getting average speeds of 60mph where we have been working, if anything were to go wrong you would be for the high jump but it is in a sheltered housing scheme so in reality it isn't a problem. I have always felt it is more to do with direction than speed.

I would agree with that John. Risk assess everything and you shouldn't go too far wrong. We have been getting average speeds of 60mph where we have been working, if anything were to go wrong you would be for the high jump but it is in a sheltered housing scheme so in reality it isn't a problem. I have always felt it is more to do with direction than speed.

Its all down to common sense.

Exactly, the method for erecting has changed over the years to such a level even if you were suicidal you couldn't jump of a job.

bleeding hell hswt.if the HSE were to implement all seasons weather we would not get any work completed m8.To hot to work+To cold to work+To rainy +To windy sometimes we have to make good in the situation we are in as long as we do it in a safe manner and obey all rules and regs.

You can't put too much emphasis on peoples health and safety.
Work at height stops with winds at 26 knots here and obviously when temps push up to 50 C with high humidity.

ok don't think the 50c will concern us in UK do you?.

Well they keep on about global warming so you never know.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 PM ----------

On a large contract in North Wales and the tower cranes couldnt operate in it.
Clean hats blew the site around 13:50 GMT. Got a nice couple of Guinnesses down me a little while later.

You doing formwork John?

yes hence the need for tower crane support. Scaffs providing access scaffolds didnt get many crane lifts back in the day so i dont suppose its changed much. Concrete is king eh.

supose what job your on fred marra bene a jobs were a packet of fags goes a long way with the banks man and again telling him to get the gear lifted also worked lol he was out to get everything lol

Top Bottom