Wind damage 1987

g-scaff

Reaction score
Can anyone remember the temporary roof being ripped off by the wind in 1987. If memory serves me right it was on the news, somewhere in London. . Need to find the video footage to win a bet. Cheers for any help

I remember the not so static caravan blowing out of the caravan park and for 750 yards down the A27.

I remember rene out of allo,allo getting whacked in the head by a scaff board in that storm,nearly killed him if I recall correctly:eek:

I hope you are only going to say that once BF?

Was that the first big storm or the second one that happened in the daytime?

26yrs ago fred,cant remember two storms,anyway just googled it and it was 1990 and a piece of advertising hoarding that went through his windowscreen,so they cant blame the scaffs for that one,lol

im sure it was 1990 i was driving back from a course in coventry,got diverted off the m.25 into west london.the tin hat was blown off so that area was shut off.
took feckin ages to get home!!.what a nite that was,my mate snoring,burpin& farting all the way home!.

Can anyone remember the temporary roof being ripped off by the wind in 1987. If memory serves me right it was on the news, somewhere in London. . Need to find the video footage to win a bet. Cheers for any help

Smithfields Market, A plettac roof for SGB

87 alright spnt the day in the pig in Hanwell, good day for the high stool!

Sorry no pictures found as yet.

TK scaffolding had a roof up over the greyhound in streatham in the 2nd hurricane. we had to go and make it safe during the winds that same day , some ci sheets blew out of the old type clips across the road over into he common. very lucky no one got hurt or killed !
I remember the standards not being staggered on the lift below the flyer and the force uplifted the emps out of the joiners !!

If I remember right there was one on the a13 at Newham on the London bound side just before east ham turn of

Top Bottom