Why?

R

ragscaff

30 years scaffolding!!!!!!!!!!!

Done fronts & backs, major re-builds, Industrial, High Rised & monument buildings.

When I started, you went to strip a job top lift boarded you removed all the boards & worked off the tube!!

When I started the ties used to be pinch the windows or wire lash the drain pipe!!

When I started you used to be able to give the labourer a load of abuse & throw things at them. If they stayed then they made a good scaffolder!!

When I started I had some sort of respect!!

When I started I could earn enough to pay my bills & go out once or twice a week!!

Now when I strip a job it takes forever for less money!!

Now I have to drill loads of holes in someones house & replace all the ones I put in a site that thought they did not need them!!

Now you have to put up with someone who has a CISRS ticket who cannot tell you what an SK is or know how to hemp or punch up!!

More debt than ever but still working six - seven days a week!!

Only phone calls I have at night are the ones that are asking for money I do not have.

What can I do?

Who will help?

Ragscaff

Its a hard time Stew mate.
I cant see any solution to it atm... hopefully, if this recession continues and more Foreigners leave then our rates might rise? but i wont hold my breath.

i thought i was the only one with that train of thought - gets u down after a while dont it

i truly beleave this time next year we will start to rise out of this,and for all of us left and qualified ticket holders,as so many others will have fallen by the wayside,due to the shortage of guys and good companies -the world will be our oyster, if i didnt beleave this i'd sell up,pack up, and fuuuck of

I Thought It Was Only Me That Felt Like This.This Time Next Year God Knows,Dont Even Know If Ill Still Be Scaffolding.What A Fekking Disgraceful State This Great Nation Of Ours Is In.

scaffolding rates have been hit very hard over the last few years unless you work 7 days you dont seem to have the spare readys to flash the cash my partners father works for the council and is lucky if he clears 200 a week and i thought i had it bad i really dont know how some familys survive and why should you have to work 7 days to get a resonable life style

again as dico said ..... labourer started today from agency 6.50 hour he will be lucky again to clear 2 hundred when he takes out the inevitable wages fees

i feel quite angry on his behalf what encouragement for him

When I started, you went to strip a job top lift boarded you removed all the boards & worked off the tube!!

Ragscaff

Now I know where I went wrong, I used a board with tranny at each end and couldnt work out why I fell 3 lifts oh yes the board snapped in the middle :D

Done fronts & backs, major re-builds, Industrial, High Rised & monument buildings.

When I started the ties used to be pinch the windows or wire lash the drain pipe!!

When I started you used to be able to give the labourer a load of abuse & throw things at them. If they stayed then they made a good scaffolder!!

When I started I had some sort of respect!!

When I started I could earn enough to pay my bills & go out once or twice a week!!

Now when I strip a job it takes forever for less money!!

Now I have to drill loads of holes in someones house & replace all the ones I put in a site that thought they did not need them!!

Now you have to put up with someone who has a CISRS ticket who cannot tell you what an SK is or know how to hemp or punch up!!

More debt than ever but still working six - seven days a week!!

Only phone calls I have at night are the ones that are asking for money I do not have.

What can I do?

Who will help?

Ragscaff

Yea agree with all that Ragscaff,but you missed one thing in my view.That fkin dreaded harness.Can you imagine putting one of them on 30 years ago,you would have got laughed right out of the yard and been verbally abused ie sissy,soft arse and many more names besides.Fast forward to now and you would be treated like some kind of retard for even mentioning you never wore them.

Top Bottom