Who's company is it!!!!!!

jtb1980

Reaction score
Hi there guys just wanted some advice and information as to where i stand in my current situation i own my own company just got two decent size jobs going on sorted one of them out with a bit of playground tactics towards there lack of funds my way as for the other company they started off late but fine as there all do they now have gun to my head i'm being dictated to want money and when i get it by them i wondered if any of you guys have come across it before and some ideas for some level ground other than punch all there heads in as saving that for when its down.

1.can i pull the tags and refuse access untill money in my bank.
2.keep going and hope for the best.
3.wait till hire runs out in three weeks and take it down bang on time even if projects not complete.
or finally the scaffold one of last man standing.

cheers for any info as always guys

just sick of being treated like a cash cow or overdraft.

What % of money is outstanding on what you have applied for ?
do they owe you for extras?
what payment terms have you agreed to ?
what payment terms do they say you have agreed to??
Issue a 7 day letter.
Talk to the Qs face to face don't let him hide behind the phone.

The site agent will want more work doing so work on him. Tell mim no more extras as of now no more alterations
not legal and you won't get work from this company again tell him health and safety say the ladders and boards are come off in two days (for the safety of my company and to protect his health)

Also tell them about the extra hire payments and agree a deal on reducing hire charges for up to date payments.get it all in writing. if payments are not up to date revert back to origional t&c

Its not a simple as that but it's a start. Remember you have never erected the scaffold until the payments are in.

Best piece of advice I could give you jtb, is never ever put all your eggs in one (or two) baskets again. especially in this current economic climate.

I've always found to my detriment that the larger the company (especially the second generation owners.. You know the ones run by the son or grandson of the original owners who have never really grafted and know nothing of the hardships of small companies and cashflow) the worse they are for paying.

What % of money is outstanding on what you have applied for ?
do they owe you for extras?
what payment terms have you agreed to ?
what payment terms do they say you have agreed to??
Issue a 7 day letter.
Talk to the Qs face to face don't let him hide behind the phone.

The site agent will want more work doing so work on him. Tell mim no more extras as of now no more alterations
not legal and you won't get work from this company again tell him health and safety say the ladders and boards are come off in two days (for the safety of my company and to protect his health)

Also tell them about the extra hire payments and agree a deal on reducing hire charges for up to date payments.get it all in writing. if payments are not up to date revert back to origional t&c

Its not a simple as that but it's a start. Remember you have never erected the scaffold until the payments are in.

this guy is spot on ,shame u got ur back to the wall, take the qs out to dinner and be polite ,not begging but lay your cards on the table, if that doesn't work all the above options are open to you but u got to remember as as soon as you start removing brds etc , chances areyou'll get your payment but no more work, thing is u also got to ask yourself do u want to for them,because they could put u down the pan anyway, good luck

it is a nightmare getting customers to pay at all never mind on time they all look for a reason not to pay or why they will be late, it p me off, i have got some good lads work for me but it is getting to the stage where i am thinking about down sizeing to just me my boy and a labourer, picking my best customers and just working for them, cause i will have money in my pocket and not a list of pepole who owe me money all the time, as someone said the second generation owns or gold spoon pepole who own the big company do not give a s--t mate

if you have agreed payment details say every 30 day you can legally charge intrest on what your owed at 25% per day tell them you will be doing this they will soon pay up

Take all the boards off the scaffold until they have paid you, they will tell you that your firm will never get any work off of them again, just ignore it in 6 months time they will have forgotten everything and if your quotes are still competative you will get more work

Chris davis does that mean ya can charge over 9,000% apr typical? So on every £1 owed will gernarate £7.90 in the first week on intrest can you get away with charging 25% perday so on the debt on of a weeks intrest on £1,000 will be £7,900 replaable after a week that dont sound to good lol ad liek to try it

Send a couple a gands round and turn up yourself, tell the site manager your taking the job down unless full payment is made into your bank account within 30 minutes. You aint going to win no more contracts with this company but if they feck you about who cares. Chances are your going to get paid or it will cost them. Don't be bullied

If you can get some fud to sign terms and conditions to that effect you can do what you like. Have you seen the rates these pay day loans charge? There is a web site that will tell you what is acceptable and what's not, I think it's the Early Payment Charter, google it.

Yeah seen some adverts on tv at like 2,000% apr or similar ridiculous sum

"There's a reason they're called quick quid you know"

Yeah that's cuz they make a very quick few quid out of you. Shameless ripoff merchants

i heard a good phrase the other day,
"being in buisiness at the moment isn't about making money-but managing your debt"
sounds about right

thanks for all your input fella's got a stale mate with the top qs tomorrow as i think they have f***ed up a bit on contract and they only have 3weeks hire left and roofer says hes got at least 8 weeks works so going to tell unless i have every penny owed to me in my bank this week scaffold will be struck and down as not hiring to people who done pay correct or on time sod them its my name on my truck and t-shirt just told other trades to beware and not leave nothing on lift expensive after judgement day as i will no consideration to others property when i got my scaffolders head on cheers guys

Brave man, but as you say you are the captain of your own ship so good luck with it.

last resort ,but dont waste time striking it now unless you desperatley need the materials
just remove the top handrails and brds and ladders,much more awkward to deal with as they cant access your scaffold or get another company in to put it up again and then fuuuck them over- you'll be surpised at how quick they pay you when they realise there program has gone to shiiit, best bit about the above you continue to charge them hire on the materials incl late payment interest till they pay up lolol

Top Bottom