who's at it tomorrow

marra watson

Reaction score
asked to work tomoz it wasnt on put his put it on sundays already a goer came in from work and crashed out just woke up and thinking hopw the fek am i getting up in the morn lol who eles is dacft enought to work the weekend in this weather

Not me, a round of golf, a few beers then out with another couple for dinner at night, Sunday will be spent on the couch.:cool:

Take em while they are going though, I spent years chasing every hour but not now. We did a light shift last Sunday though, had to pick one of the boy's off his stair still in his night clobber.:notrust:

I've got man flue to recover from. Constantly damp n it's suppose to be summer god help us in the winter year in year out arthritise here we come. Yes I am a wingieng git n I'm only 35. It's official scaffolding is bad for ur health wish I could move to sunnier climates

Not me, a round of golf, a few beers then out with another couple for dinner at night, Sunday will be spent on the couch.:cool:

Take em while they are going though, I spent years chasing every hour but not now. We did a light shift last Sunday though, had to pick one of the boy's off his stair still in his night clobber.:notrust:

ahaha night clobber mutch happening round your end of a weekend that way or just barn dances;)

aye 1 gaffer been away for 2 weeks and theres been nothing on the board for work been lads stuck in the yard painting tubes and finishing work at 4 the other gaffer comes back to day the filled the work board and banged sunday on at 8:02 this morning lol
not that fussed about cahsin every hours i just need a desent rate lol but happy enough to do the ot espeshally as the advanced lad hasnt been getting it :laugh: ne work on and his wanting to work all hours and put lads out of a job his wife has said why dont they sack some 1 so they you can get your 10 h ot threw the week i was livid at that like if i new ther was some yan gonna have to go as works quiet ad offer them to drop me wages for a fortnight and see how it goes then put it back up just to keep a lad in work. but no he wants to do them out of it, we got sent out at bout 4 to a job an our away on tues/wens and rumor had it he wasnt very hapy as we'd got the job and not him i was laffing allthe way home at half 8 lol which is strange lol

Fishing tomorrow for me :D mind you i have done more then my fair share of weekends this year , and iam sure there will be a few more to be done before the years over

Fishing tomorrow for me :D mind you i have done more then my fair share of weekends this year , and iam sure there will be a few more to be done before the years over

Worked all day today, seven until five. It's been busy down my way since last year. From June until Christmas only had six days off. Work every Sat and Sun I can get. Got a rather large mortgage in Jan 2008, bad timing or what??!

ahaha night clobber mutch happening round your end of a weekend that way or just barn dances;)

aye 1 gaffer been away for 2 weeks and theres been nothing on the board for work been lads stuck in the yard painting tubes and finishing work at 4 the other gaffer comes back to day the filled the work board and banged sunday on at 8:02 this morning lol
not that fussed about cahsin every hours i just need a desent rate lol but happy enough to do the ot espeshally as the advanced lad hasnt been getting it :laugh: ne work on and his wanting to work all hours and put lads out of a job his wife has said why dont they sack some 1 so they you can get your 10 h ot threw the week i was livid at that like if i new ther was some yan gonna have to go as works quiet ad offer them to drop me wages for a fortnight and see how it goes then put it back up just to keep a lad in work. but no he wants to do them out of it, we got sent out at bout 4 to a job an our away on tues/wens and rumor had it he wasnt very hapy as we'd got the job and not him i was laffing allthe way home at half 8 lol which is strange lol

Yes marra, it's like the Waltons round here, all the chicks look braw in their Gingham dresses though.:love:

You will always get guys that would climb over their own mother to get the ham, you just have to deal with it. I never had to climb over anyone though, in the early days my rate was so low I was the obvious choice for it and was desperate to get it especially as I worked the old SC60 meaning there was no holiday pay so could never afford to take any. Later on when the rate was equal I still wanted it as I always had a kind of a plan. Now I'm a gaffer, everyone gets the offer but no one really wants it or needs it. They do graft hard enough through the week and do deserve their weekends to themselves but it's changed days from when I was starting out.

Top Bottom