Who you no, not wat you no!

labscaff83

Reaction score
this runs through this game like nuthin ive seen, capes lame attemp to turn to e recruitment is ********... all supervisor got to do is tell boys he wants to apply online and there in that way!!

applied for the teeside yesterday through there e recruitment, got email to day saying

"The standard of applications was very high and on this occasion we regret to inform you that we are unable to progress your application any further"

what chance have new boys to this game like maself got when we dont know that many people in the game.

this runs through this game like nuthin ive seen, capes lame attemp to turn to e recruitment is ********... all supervisor got to do is tell boys he wants to apply online and there in that way!!

applied for the teeside yesterday through there e recruitment, got email to day saying

"The standard of applications was very high and on this occasion we regret to inform you that we are unable to progress your application any further"

what chance have new boys to this game like maself got when we dont know that many people in the game.

Its an age old problem mate and it aint gonna change,jobs for the boys and all that.Best advice is just keep ringing round and applying for jobs cos at some point somebody somewhere will give you a chance.Best of luck pal.

All the taking is to be done by recruitment team / hr

and not at site level

its to stop who you know and now use what you no lads

but as you all no sounds good but will not happen

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

EVERYONE WILL GET THIS LETTER IF YOU DONN'T GET A START

ITS JUST 1 CLICK ON A PC AND A EMAIL

IT WOULD IN NICE TO KNOW WHO GOT A START

Yeah it's tough when you can't seem to get a kick in the door but I don't think it has changed any since I was an industrial gypsy. There is no short cuts you just have to get out there and put yourself about until you can meet someone who can open the first couple of doors for you. If your out of work at the moment this isn't a lot of help but the usual route is to find someone with a bit of experience on the job your on at the moment who is biding their time till something kicks off then hang on to their coat tails for as long as you can till you can stand on your own 2 feet. That's how I did it anyway and it worked quite well.

this doesnt sound good , so now it will be , the computer says no , its fuckin insulting , it will be 2 or 3 guys pickin the men as usual so nothing will change , the problem of gettin experience/in the door is hard , i say , get out of your town and go anywhere for work that you can , when you do you will eventually meet the right [person who sees that you can do your job and put a word in for you or tell you a certain company to ring , as far as offshore goes , i say be inventive , if i said to you that i have no vantage card and have never been offshore in uk BUT ive done my survival and i worked offshore in the dutch sector then by all accounts i could say "i have offshore experience"

Its all about making as much opportunities for yourself as possible.
In this day and age, Scaffolding is NOTHING like it was and very very few Scaffolders get on due to their ability or hardwork.

Its all about Health and Safety, Reliability, Qualifications, Connections ;), and using every tool at your disposal.
Ive worked with and still keep in contact with really really good Scaffolders, ones who have forgotten more then i will ever know, who CANNOT get work, for love or money.

Ive been overlooked for payrises, overtime, and work time and time again, because i am either not related to the right person or dont tell certain people what they want to hear or what ever, more times then i can remember, tbh and im a GOOD reliable bloke, who always trys his best.

All you can do, all any of us can do is try to use everything we have available to our advantage.
As many fingers in as many pies dont hurt either. :)

Try to keep your chin up, things will get better. Trust me, they will.
I hope you get work soon mate.

Jay.

REMEMBER IT'S WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT WHO YOU KNOW :suspicious:

Let's be honest if your running a job you want lads in that you know and can do the job. However there needs to be a mix of young and old

Top Bottom