Where to find a Scaff?

CLARK9T

Reaction score
Basically is there a place common to find companies going to and from during a working day (yes I am prepared for the barrage of ridiculous and humorous comments that will follow! :cheesy:), bare with me as I know that sounds stupid, for example joiners you will find at timber yards just as a plumbers are likely to be found at a plumb point. From what I have learnt (granted not much) a scaffolding company stocks all the materials/equipment they are going to need?

What I was thinking is I could put something up on the many boards you find outside places like B&Q, Wickes and other builders merchants to advertise myself and just add another avenue into trying to find a place to take me on! Its not a great plan but anything is worth doing I guess! My friends dad did something similar a faw years back, he parked up on the A19 (Teesside) with a board just saying work needed! granted he was a skilled bricklayer but the job offeres rolled in! (Im not expecting anything like that but atleast I can say I have tried!)

Basically is there a place common to find companies going to and from during a working day (yes I am prepared for the barrage of ridiculous and humorous comments that will follow! :cheesy:), bare with me as I know that sounds stupid, for example joiners you will find at timber yards just as a plumbers are likely to be found at a plumb point. From what I have learnt (granted not much) a scaffolding company stocks all the materials/equipment they are going to need?

What I was thinking is I could put something up on the many boards you find outside places like B&Q, Wickes and other builders merchants to advertise myself and just add another avenue into trying to find a place to take me on! Its not a great plan but anything is worth doing I guess! My friends dad did something similar a faw years back, he parked up on the A19 (Teesside) with a board just saying work needed! granted he was a skilled bricklayer but the job offeres rolled in! (Im not expecting anything like that but atleast I can say I have tried!)

nothing ventured, nothing gained, good luck

Have you tried making up a few business cards, and placing them in local cafes, builders merchants, pubs and places like that?

You can probably get about 250 made up for a few quid and might get some decent work from it. :)

Im doing something similar myself, making short videos of where im working, and being on various sites like LinkedIn and Face Book help also. :idea:

Im not a scaffolder, Im trying to get somewhere to give me a job so I can become one.

You seem keen enough pal,have you phoned any scaffold companies,or even better visited any.Keeness and a willing to graft is always seen better face to face.Good luck and keep trying.

You seem keen enough pal,have you phoned any scaffold companies,or even better visited any.Keeness and a willing to graft is always seen better face to face.Good luck and keep trying.

Monday morning Im going to go to the closer ones, I have sent CVs and stuff to some but I expect they will go in the bin to be honest. Going to phone the rest of them in my area after I go in person.

you've had some fair adviseand i see where your coming from - why not try a small A5 size flyer and ask the manager of the local scaffold surplers such as generations or trads if u can put it up in their office counter, i know i spend a lot of time in there and i would imagine a lot of others do.
alternitivly find out the main pub that the local scaffs use and ask the landlord if you can put one up on the toilet wall ( we all use them lolol)
good luck with your quest

All the scaffs will be in the cafe first thing Monday morning but the hirers and firers will be hiding in the yard so go there.

All the scaffs will be in the cafe first thing Monday morning but the hirers and firers will be hiding in the yard so go there.

Or sleeping off their hangovers, aka: 'Pricing a job'. :D

Haha, I price all the jobs on a Monday morning.:sick:

He thought they said a shed FOR whales... which would be f.ucking massive, rofl! :laugh:

haha, get over it, I want a million a month profit in aw.:eek:

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

He thought they said a shed FOR whales... which would be f.ucking massive, rofl! :laugh:

naw a nefer:bigsmile:

Top Bottom