When you can get a Visa

richiedry

Reaction score
Hi, I've been making lots of inquireys regarding againing a 457-Visa to work in Australia!!! & from what the companies are saying & the Embassy is if a company cannot get the labour it needs for the job they can apply for a subb 457-Visa that last for 4-years, This is easier to gain if you are going to work in remote locations 'ie' the North of Australia & NorthWest, This only costs the company around $400 & I think all the guys that want to go to Australia to work would gladly pay that back to the company when they arrive???? So it looks to me that they want very good expiranced Advanced Scaffolders but don't want to do any work for you???? But if you want to work where all the action is 'ie' City or Beaches then you will not get a Visa so easy only if you have a direct relative in Australia that will sponsor you? Or you apply to immigrate?.
Has anyone had any expirances of getting a 457-Visa? Please tell me if you have, Thanks.

This is true Richie.Australia has certain criteria to get in to the place, Loadsa money would be top of the list,English speaking helps,wanted trades,a family and then stick you in the outback for 2 years,after that you get a permanent visa to come and go where you like. A big move for Brits,worth it if it all goes well,expensive if you cant hack it. Lived and worked in Melbourne for a while.Loved it but the missus hated fly the flag culture and whiney oz accent lol

Hi, I've been making lots of inquireys regarding againing a 457-Visa to work in Australia!!! & from what the companies are saying & the Embassy is if a company cannot get the labour it needs for the job they can apply for a subb 457-Visa that last for 4-years, This is easier to gain if you are going to work in remote locations 'ie' the North of Australia & NorthWest, This only costs the company around $400 & I think all the guys that want to go to Australia to work would gladly pay that back to the company when they arrive???? So it looks to me that they want very good expiranced Advanced Scaffolders but don't want to do any work for you???? But if you want to work where all the action is 'ie' City or Beaches then you will not get a Visa so easy only if you have a direct relative in Australia that will sponsor you? Or you apply to immigrate?.
Has anyone had any expirances of getting a 457-Visa? Please tell me if you have, Thanks.

I have a 457 Visa.
However I am not on the tools.
Jobs are scarce in the remote areas as so many city scaffs, kiwis etc want to work here to make the big dollars.
Scaffolding is not considered a trade here.

No it seem that way but the companies want & need UK Scaffs!!! I am willing to go to the remote locations & so is my Wife, I have a lot to offer & a UK Scaff that is work in the Oil & Gas industry has more expireanc that a Kiwi Scaff, But not saying they are no-good, But you know what I mean!!!! The problem is I think is that these been so many Scaffs saying yes I will come & a company gets the Visa & covers the costs of a Visa then the Scaff says well I'm sorry but the wife don't want to leave her Mum!!!! I have left the UK we live in a hot country & very nice, We want more than that, So we will not say the Oh I can't come now???? I have spoken to the Embassy here in Croatia & they can help a lot more with the Visa then you will get in the UK, So you just need to get the ball rolling your end??? Thanks for your reply.

No it seem that way but the companies want & need UK Scaffs!!! I am willing to go to the remote locations & so is my Wife, I have a lot to offer & a UK Scaff that is work in the Oil & Gas industry has more expireanc that a Kiwi Scaff, But not saying they are no-good, But you know what I mean!!!! The problem is I think is that these been so many Scaffs saying yes I will come & a company gets the Visa & covers the costs of a Visa then the Scaff says well I'm sorry but the wife don't want to leave her Mum!!!! I have left the UK we live in a hot country & very nice, We want more than that, So we will not say the Oh I can't come now???? I have spoken to the Embassy here in Croatia & they can help a lot more with the Visa then you will get in the UK, So you just need to get the ball rolling your end??? Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to disappoint you but they dont want UK scaffs. I am English, I live in a remote area in Western Australia. We have over 100 scaffs on a short list hoping to come and work here.
Kiwi scaffs are as good as UK,
If they need extra they will get from Philippines. Most of the laggers are from Cambodia.

Can an Australian citizen sponsor u to stay and work in australia

Yes he can, But you need a company that has work & you would sponsor the indorviul? Do you have a company or know someone that has? Thank you for your reply.

Top Bottom